CSN Login
Members Online: 17

WOW!!!

allmost60's picture
allmost60
Posts: 3184
Joined: Jul 2010

I just got my first bill for the R maint and was shocked to see that it costs almost the same as my CVP-R treatments. $13,249.80 for my Feb 14th lab work, onc visit and R-infusion. I don't have my deductible met for 2011 yet, so I got socked with a $927.00 co-pay amount...(patient responsiblity). Well, I guess the one good thing....from here on for 2011 I'll just have my $25.00 co-pay, because my yearly deductible will "definetely" be met!!! Just think about the millions of people being treated for cancer and the amount of money being paid for treatments. Blows the mind!!!! I'm gonna need a good stiff drink before I write my check out...ha!
Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

yesyes2
Posts: 465
Joined: Jul 2009

It's always a shock to see what Rituxan costs. I think it's around 18,000 when I get mine R as I use the hospitals out patient oncologyunit. I know my onc's office costs less but prefer the oncology unit.

On our insurance we have a yearly deductable, for us $500 and than 80/20 pymts until our out of pocket expenses reach a certain amount. Than our insurance picks up the rest. I actually met the out of pocket max for 2010 on the first work day in January. Had my RCHOP to the tune of $25,ooo. Yes, insurance, medical care and cancer is big business.

Leslie

COBRA666's picture
COBRA666
Posts: 2418
Joined: May 2010

Hey Guys,
I got my bill for the Neulasta shot and it was 13,000. That was $13,000 times 6 guys. I have not got my R bill yet. Yes sir its a real money maker. It really make you think if thats good or not,ya know what I mean? John

dixiegirl's picture
dixiegirl
Posts: 1043
Joined: Apr 2006

Holy cow. My rituxan was 5600.00 and I just have 60.00 copay.

allmost60's picture
allmost60
Posts: 3184
Joined: Jul 2010

I know Beth...I was thinking the same thing...why the difference when it's still the same drug??? I think(?) it has to do with the different insurance plans. My yearly deductible is $1,500.00. Once it is met then my insurance pays 90% and I pay the remaining 10%. All prescriptions are $10.00, unless of course they cost less, then it costs whatever the cost is under $10.00. I don't know...it just blows my mind. I'm just grateful I HAVE insurance. $495.00 a month for Steve to carry me on his insurance, so we still pay no matter what. Oh well..it is, what it is, as they say!...Love..Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Michele23
Posts: 167
Joined: Mar 2011

Why find a cure when they can profit from our loss.My hubby says he is retiring at 62 next year.I'm so worried where we will land in this mess of paperwork.Just not fair we shouldn't need to deal with this crap on top of everything else.Where's the cure!!!Michele

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2015 © Cancer Survivors Network