Feb 22, 2011 - 11:25 pm
Top 10 Things NOT to Say to a Breast Cancer Patient
1. Hey, I just bought a new Swiffer. There was a pink ribbon on the box. I donated to your cause.
If only my boobs were as clean as your floors.
2. My mother/sister/aunt/friend died of that 2/10/30 years ago.
Yeah? Well I’m not planning on it.
3. It’s not like you’re 25 and need boobs to attract a man or anything.
If I needed boobs to attract a man it would be my first clue I had the wrong man.
4. A little surgery, a little chemo, you’ll be fine.
It’s that easy?? Really??
5. Congratulations! You have THE GOOD ONE!
‘Good cancer’. See also: oxymoron. ( This from a NURSE. And she was wrong. I have the bad one.)
6. Relax! I have 25 and 30 year old patients downstairs getting chemo right now for more aggressive tumors than you have!
Whoa! You mean there are people suffering more than I am?? What a RELIEF! (This from a DOCTOR. Fired her ass!)
7. You need TIME OFF?
Yeah, I’m having both boobs cut off. I’ll be back in a day or two.
8. Did you catch it in time?
Geez, I’m hoping so.
9. It’s probably all those cleaning chemicals you’ve been exposed to all these years. Your house is way too clean.
They should do a study…………
10. I was just reading something that said all cancer is repressed anger.
How interesting. Mind if I punch you in the neck and purge?
I found this on line thought it was cute!