Feb 11, 2011 - 2:14 pm
Hi everybody, has anyone out there uncounted a similar situation and if so, I would be interested in knowing the solution to the big question. I have NSCLC, the tumor in my right upper lobe was radiated for 5 1/2 weeks. Surgery was inoperable due to the location, followed by additional radiation, completing all treatments in June. I have been on a monitoring system, ct-scans, pet-scans, every 3 months, since that time, resulting in clear scans. However, in early Dec, my scan revealed a tiny leisian in the opposite left lower lobe, My Oncologist believed it to be a new cancer, not in relation to the existing one. He recommended I see the surgeon to have this section removed, the Surgeon perferred the entire lobe, rather than the section, which he declined, due to my failing grade with the pulmonary testing, so he recommended SBRT. (stereo tactic body radiation therapy) but the board of Dr.s who do this procedure, reviewed my case, decided against it, for a multitude of reasons. 1.) They could not be certain that it was a "new cancer" as no biopsy has been performed to prove my Oncologist's theory. 2.)Obtaining one puts me at a high risk of lung collapse.