Sep 29, 2010 - 2:33 pm
I had 3 vaginal cuff radiation treatments and then was given the dilator to break up scar tissue. I am not sure if I am doing it right or how many times a week to do it or for how long at a time. I have a very dry vagina canal and can not use the hormone cream. So my questions are:
1. How many days a week should I be using it?
2. How many minutes at a time?
3. How can i tell if its actually at the vaginal cuff?
4. Sometimes it gets stuck when I try to remove it even though I use the lube they gave me and lots of it.
5. I know your suppose to turn it clockwise but that doesn't seem to help with stretching it out any.
6. Do I have to use it forever or does there came a time where scar tissue stops building up?
I have not had a vaginal exam since May sometime just saw the radiologist but he did not do one and will see the Oncologist on October 13 so not sure if he will do one then or not. I sure would like to know whats going on in there as far as scar tissue. And my husband is complaining he can't get his penis all the way in anymore and that it doesn't feel right to him. Although I can say it doesn't hurt anymore now then it did before I had the cancer and surgery. can anyone help me understand this better?