Jun 16, 2010 - 5:31 pm
Confused on what to do about 2nd opinion. Just went today with my Dad to his Pulmonary Dr. Just as he thought it is sclc that has spread throughout the lymph nodes in his chest. Tumor is 5cm (2wks ago) and partially blocking main airway. He has not energy, hard time breathing and constant cough. Sloan Kettering in NYC appt for 2nd opinion is not until 7/20. They say go to local onocologist and see if they think he can wait that long. If not, they say start whatever treatment they suggest. The problem with this is that if they start with radiation - it may push his NYC appt further out. The waiting is the worse part right now. I know it will get harder than just waiting. We don't know if he has 6 months, 1 yr or 2 wks. How do you tell how fast the sclc grows? Has anyone been in similar situation? I would appreciate any input, this is so confusing.