So I am waiting again for another appointment with my ENT. It seems that is all I have been doing is the waiting thing. I was diagnosed with "Cancer" September 24 and I am still waiting. I have my appointment Dec.15 with my ENT to discuss the next step.. Am very confused, isn't it supposed to be the sooner you are diagnosed the better?
Yes I was originally diagnosed in September but have been trying to get answers since July. I was bit by a wood tick and thats when all my tests, blood work, lymph node ultrasound etc. all started. Anyhow that is where my frustration is coming from.
Now I am researching my head off on treatments, trials and surgery. I have not been sent to the Cross Cancer Institute at this point so have not talked to an oncoligist. My ENT says that this cancer tumor is contained and is very treatable, but I still have no idea what stage this cancer is at.Hopefully he will tell me on the 15th.
I do have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out:
1) Since I am seeing and discussing with my ENT the next step, does that mean he will want to do the radical neck disection and surgery before treatment?
2) As for radiation has anyone had any experience with Brachytherapy?
3)Is Cistipan and FU5 the common chemo treatment for tonsil cancer?
4) Is 7 weeks of radiation common for tonsil cancer?
Anyhow if anyone can answer any of these questions for me I would really appreciate it. I am doing ok most of the time it, but still have my melt downs every now and then. Of course Being snowed in with 20cm snowstorm this weekend does not help.. Hopefully we will see some sunshine soon.