If you are survivors and now cancer free, congrats! I really admire your experience. If you or your loved ones are living w cancer, I wish u all the best!
My mom was diagnosed w stomach cancer a month ago. 2 weeks ago, the doctor was able to operate a subtotal removal of her stomach, spleen, and 16 lymph nodes. Following is her operative report:
(A) Stomach and spleen, subtotal gastrectomy and
- Poorly differentiated signet ring
adenocarcinoma, with invasion into the serosal
- 14 out of 16 lymph nodes are involved by tumour
- Tumour involves proximal margin and is 3mm from
- Perineural invasion and lymphovascular invasion
- Spleen is uninvolved by tumour.
(B) "Oesophageal end", excision biopsy:
- Signet ring adenocarcinoma.
(C) "Distal end", excision biopsy :} Negative
(D) "Afferent loop", excision biopsy :}
She's having 2 more weeks to get ready for chemo or radiation treatment. Anyone has been through w this type of cancer, any advices on medical treatment or expected side effects, any experiences, any things that you think my mom should need to know, please share! You know your help means a lot to me and my family. Thank you very much!