Jan 14, 2007 - 12:04 pm
Does anyone have any insight on whether to begin a clinical trial for uterine cancer spread to lung and upper lymph node(s) when the spread is still 2 cm or smaller; or, wait until it produces symptoms (pain)?
I realize whichever way it is done is palliative care and there is no cure. Chemo now or chemo later? Which would give more time and a better quality of life?
Have had two GYN-ONC opinions and a bunch of tests.
One wants to start chemo now. The other wants to wait and watch how fast it progresses with CT scans/tests hoping to give me several months before starting chemo. (Both are recommending more than one chemo at the same time.)
Any insight on the best clinical trial available for recurrance?
Otherwise in good health.
Thanks for your input.