CSN Login
Members Online: 3

Visiting Halifax ~ CP 4

Lisa Rose's picture
Lisa Rose
Posts: 589
Joined: Mar 2003

Hi Everyone,

For anyone interested in a free visitors guide of Halifax go to the link below.


Whats Needed To Enter Canada. . . .

Americans do not a visa to visit Canada, and for now, travelers to Canada from the US do not need an American passport when crossing the border.

If you are an American citizen crossing the border into Canada, you need ID that proves two things: 1) Citizenship, and 2) Identity by way of a photo.

A driver's license on its own or a Social Security Card on its own are not valid ID to cross the Canadian border.

The following pieces of identification will serve as satisfactory proof of American citizenship to enter Canada:

US passport


Birth certificate,


Certificate of citizenship or naturalization,


Photo ID, such as current driver's license

Posts: 13
Joined: May 2006

Hi Lisa Rose,

We are really looking forward to it! My husband & I have been to several beautiful Canadian cities, but never Halifax, and we are excited about it already. Will most likely have our little one in tow; he will be 2 by then. Can't wait for CP 4, and to meet the semi's..... :-)

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2016 © Cancer Survivors Network