Nov 02, 2004 - 2:45 pm
I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer and am awaiting a second opinion. The first opinion did not leave me feeling very positive. He did not want to do surgery and only wanted to treat with radiation 5x/wk and chemo 1x/wk. Said my tumor was too large to remove. The tumor is located in my lower cervix and is 5-6cm. My chest xray and CT were clear, so the cancer is local. My concern is that if I don't have surgery the cancer will not be completely removed or will come back somewhere else. We don't have health insurance and kinda get the feeling that is why they won't do surgery as well as the other treatment. I wasn't told what stage I am, but from what I have researched I think I am Stage 1B.