Mar 10, 2004 - 5:43 pm
I was expecting to start my chemo this week to "mop" up after my liver resection and for a "spot" on my lung. I met with the onc a couple weeks ago & got the chemo regimine sorted out. Then this week I met with the local doc at the cancer clinic in town- everything seemed set. Now my local surgeon has sent me to a thoracic surgeon out of town to talk about doing surgery on the node in my lung. I am now booked for surgery next month. Now the question is do I do a couple doses of chemo before surgery or wait? I know the best thing is to surgically remove the tumor but it just has left me feeling like I am in a whirlwind with the quick change in plans. Unfortunately the onc is sick this week so I don't know if I can talk to him or not. My local surgeon is a real advocate for me and wants to go for a complete cure (yea!). I guess I will just have to wait to hear what the plan is for chemo. I think the hardest thing is that I hate the waiting.