CSN Login
Members Online: 12

emergency help

Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 2002

Hello, everyone.
I am 57, a widow and an only child. I was diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer located in my liver. I rent a house but it has now been condemned and I need to find a new home immediately. I only have disability to live on and, in looking through the newspaper, I cannot afford anything. I have contacted several agencies but no one seems to be able to help because I don't fit a "category" such as battered woman, substance abuser, over 62, etc. I live in Omaha, Nebraska. Does anyone know of an agency or program that can help me? I think I only need help for 2-5 months as I have an appointment in July to apply for Section 8, which pays a percentage of rent, if the person qualifies. I don't know how quickly the waiting list goes. Please, somone give me an idea I haven't tried yet.

Posts: 14
Joined: Apr 2002

I live in Florida, and I do not know if the services are the same nation wide. Where I live we have Social services, it is different then Social Securigy or Disability. They will give you vouchers on a need basis. They will even pay your rent. I am not sure how long they will do it for. It is worth checking out. Each thing is seperate, I mean before each bill, or rent they pay you go down there fill out the paper work, and then they give you a voucher. If not that, mayge they would have some ideas for you.

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2015 © Cancer Survivors Network