Feb 09, 2001 - 10:15 pm
In November, my wife had a sentinel node biopsy and a lumpectomy. The tumor was 2.5 X 2.5 X 2 cm and was diagnosed as "invasive ductal carcinoma with chondroid metaplasia". The lymph node biopsy yielded the following result: metastatic adenocarcinoma in 2 of 2 lymph nodes - one node was less than .2 cm and the other was 1 cm.
Chemotherapy followed with
We have one Taxol infusion to go and have to decide whether to have another ALND surgery to see if the lymph nodes are still positive. It seems that this is the only way to test the effectiveness of the chemo to date and to decide if other treatment should added to radiation that is planned.
We would be interested in hearing from anyone who has been in this situation and would share the decision they made and the results. Lymphedema and other permanent effects are our primary concern, but so is peace of mind.