What should I be expecting for follow-up?

Options
SedonaDreaming
SedonaDreaming Member Posts: 1 Member
edited April 23 in Breast Cancer #1

I am s/p ILC diagnosis, s/p SMX with immediate DIEP reconstruction 3/28/24. Early stage and no lymph involvement. Strongly ER+/PR+/HER2-.

I met with med onc. last Wednesday and am given the impression that if Oncotype is done (pending insurance) and numbers favorable, she'll put me on an aromatase inhibitor and yearly mammogram. Follow bone density since I am already in osteopenia category.

This seems very simplistic but might be reality. Is there anything else that is considered standard care for someone in my scenario beyond this? I asked if there would be any consideration for ultrasound or MRI for native remaining breast and was cut off almost instantly with "yearly mammogram".

I guess I don't know what to ask or ask for without knowing what is expected. Anyone?

Comments

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options

You can also check with Susan G Komen website for information. I believe you can call and ask them. I don't know what all the 1st acronyms are other than ER/PR+ and HER2 -, and DIEP reconstruction which indicates you had a mastectomy.

FWIW, I too am troubled by monitoring for cancer return. No real info or logic provided. No coordination between Med Oncologist nor Oncology Radiologist or Surgeon. So much for a "team" as originally described. Pissed off as a patient 😤 Only 1 mammogram scheduled 6 months post radiation treatments. Thoroughly disgusted with the "team".