newbie here--still in shock

Options
citymouse
citymouse Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 26 in Caregivers #1

my mom just diagnosed with advanced abdominal fat pad cancer, ovarian primary. saw oncology first time yesterday. had undergone paracentesis 2 weeks ago good result and is feeling pretty good, eating good, but extreme fatigue. she is a diabetic and has had some fluctuations in blood sugar but now seems to have normalized. no pain as of yet, only mild discomfort. she is 97, declined chemo, on to palliative care after PET for a look see. i am her oldest, live 500 miles away, going to visit at her request "while she still feels good." i am a total basket case...have already alienated my brother and SIL, who is a nurse and as she says "a trained professional" like the rest of us are mental defectives. had her dead and buried 3 weeks ago, all gloom and doom. she has a tendency to overstep her role because of her "professional" status...i understand fully the situation and what the future likely holds, but my emotions and grief are overwhelming....looking for grief support, that's if i can put one foot in front of the other and stop sobbing...any advice?

Comments

• rcole
    rcole Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

hi citymouse i dont have much to say to help you but if you can go to the chatroom on this site between 10-11 pm est theres a lot of good people there that can help , they help me get though my cancer good luck

• citymouse
    citymouse Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

thanks rcole but that is way past my bedtime i'm afraid...

• rcole
    rcole Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

if you have any ? just post something and we would get back to you if you want