Please remember that these discussion boards are a public forum, which means open to the public (i.e. non-CSN members) and the content can be found via internet search engines.
Members are strongly advised not to share personal identifiers such as real names, email address, telephone number, street address, etc. This information can be used to identify you and link you to the content you provide.
Other areas of CSN are restricted to members only and cannot be found by search engines.
Archives for February 2014
Glioblastoma Multiforme, WHO grade IV
My Father, 62 years old has beendetected with Glioblastoma Multiforme, WHO grade IV. ( Brain Cancer) He has been operated on 11/02/2014 and 90 % of the tumor has been removed, for the remaining 10 % we would be doing Radio and chemo both at the same time. Through the net and meeting docters I have come to know that it is a…
I wanted to know how is your husband doing with his reccurence? I have been on this board a lot and I though maybe a missed an update. I think about you guys often. I hope to hear that he is doing great and that the tumor is shrunk and is sleeping again. J.
Planned CSN Outage Tonight
Dear Users, CSN will be down for routine maintenance tonight from around midnight to 3:00 AM Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience. The site will be up and running as quickly as possible. Thank you for all you do for CSN! CSN_Nick
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade 3 Brain Stem
My husband has an AA3 in not an ideal location(if there is one). I waa looking for some positive survival stories. A lot of the posts on these discussion boards go on for a long time, but we never hear how everyone is doing. I guess I am looking for hope, but I am also looking to manage my expectations. I have a 5, 8 and…
Okay, so about 8 weeks ago I found out I have a cancer that will kill me. Not sure when, but it will do it. Could be a yaer, could be 20. So. Why do I feel happy? I swear, the first emotion I had was nearly euphoric. That has since tempered, but still, what the heck? Anyone else feel that liberating feeling? Or am I just a…
I was diagnosed on Febuary 28th with GBM. I had a total resection of the tumor on March 5th 2013. I took 30 radiation treatments along with 140 mg of Temodar. Had a two week break and started the 5 days on 23 days off cycles of Temodar at 300 mg. It has been 11 months now and not the first sign of my tumor returning. Is…
new here...possible brain cancer
hello I am from the head and neck cancer group. I was told today that I have two areas in left side of my brain according to a CT scan that are highly suspicious to be cancer. I am a year and a half survivor of tongue cancer. We are now facing PET scan and MRI this week. I have anxiety disorder with panic attacks so this…
metastasis from head and neck.
Hi everyone, Well I thought I was doing well. Chemoradiation for head and neck scc completed3/8/12, pet/ct scan november revealed a lesion in left lower lobe of lung, resulting in lobectomy. pet/ct nov 2013 showed clear!! So I was over the moon. However its all gone wrong. GP referrred me to hospital for ct brain because…