Day 2 Down

Got done with my 2nd day, or most of it. They had to reschedule the Psych evaluation for the 19th. I know I am tired.

They did do the bone marrow biopsy today and it hurt. They pretty much just only numbed with the stuff they use at the dentist. I know I cried a little bit. The aspiration part hurt so bad and they said there wasn't anything they could do about it. The sad part is I am going to have to do it again in 100 days...damn.

I'll post more in a little bit, I am tired and just kind of want to veg out. Just wanted to let everyone know I survived today. LOL

Take care,
Beth

Comments

  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    BMB not fun
    Beth...I had two BMB last year and was put out both times. I know some people say they do it awake and the Doc numbs it up, but I just don't want to be awake. the medicine that is used to put me asleep hurts like the dickins though.
    Hope you have a restful evening and weekend.
    Love
    Janelle
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161
    bmb
    Hi Beth,

    So sorry that you are hurting. I wish they would knock you out just for the procedure. It is silly that they wont. The dentist does , so why not. Well I am glad for you that it is over for now. hopefully we can chat later.
    Stay well.
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    BMB
    I will no longer allow anyone to obtain a bone marrow biopsy from me unless I have , at the minimum, conscience sedation. There was an on line article on CNN earlier this week that made some great points for folks like us who are patients of physicians. One point duly noted was that this is a financial contract. The patient pays the health care provider for service(s) rendered. Consider this point. I go to the butcher and request 4 chicken legs. The butcher gives me duck legs and charges me the chicken leg price, in fact I do not know that he gave me duck legs until I get home. Obviously, when I get home, I would be right on the phone, asking why my order wasn't filled the way I had requested that it be filled. The butcher informs me that they are out of chicken legs so he substituted duck legs; hind quarters from birds, no big deal. I know that I'd be right back in my car to return the ducks legs toot sweet!

    Why is it that we will allow a physician or someone on our health care team to treat us in an unacceptable way? .......These the people who touch us and make our life and death decisions with us and yet.......when we get poor service at a restaurant or an incorrect order by the butcher our mouths work just fine as we straighten out the misunderstanding. Idk.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Bummer BMB...
    Oh Beth...I got the shivers when you said your BMB hurt!!! I'm thinkin..I would rather give birth to triplets than have a BMB or take the nasty prednisone ever again!!! God bless you sweetie...I'm sooooo glad this week is behind you. Rest, rest, rest, this weekend! Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
    Knowtice the time...it's thundering and lightening here and I'm wide awake...the thunder is so loud it is rattling the windows...UGH!
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    hurts
    Had three of those done, I was sweating so much that my glasses fogged up! really sorry you have to go through all this, just keep thinking of the end game, no more cancer!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    vinny59 said:

    hurts
    Had three of those done, I was sweating so much that my glasses fogged up! really sorry you have to go through all this, just keep thinking of the end game, no more cancer!

    pain
    I know I just keep trying to remember 50% chance of cure.

    BUT I know next time I fully intend to ask for the ativan and the pain lollipop like they mentioned!!
  • tom29mi
    tom29mi Member Posts: 31
    dixiegirl said:

    pain
    I know I just keep trying to remember 50% chance of cure.

    BUT I know next time I fully intend to ask for the ativan and the pain lollipop like they mentioned!!

    i had one done and then had
    i had one done and then had to get another two weeks later before i got my transplant because they thought i had something with the marrow but it was just a false reading because they did the biopsy too soon after chemo.i know for sure i wont get another again if i can help it
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    tom29mi said:

    i had one done and then had
    i had one done and then had to get another two weeks later before i got my transplant because they thought i had something with the marrow but it was just a false reading because they did the biopsy too soon after chemo.i know for sure i wont get another again if i can help it

    How soon
    How soon after chemo did they do it? Mine was 3 weeks, or rather 3 weeks will be monday.
    I hope to God they waited long enough. I get my pet scan done on Monday and will get the results a couple hours later.

    I hope I am in remission cause I sure don't want to do another round of RICE. I know I don't want to do the BEAM either,I just want to get all this done.


    How did your transplant go? Are you still doing well? Any input on the transplant would be extremely helpful for me. Any tips you can give to help me get through this?

    Take care,
    Beth
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161
    dixiegirl said:

    How soon
    How soon after chemo did they do it? Mine was 3 weeks, or rather 3 weeks will be monday.
    I hope to God they waited long enough. I get my pet scan done on Monday and will get the results a couple hours later.

    I hope I am in remission cause I sure don't want to do another round of RICE. I know I don't want to do the BEAM either,I just want to get all this done.


    How did your transplant go? Are you still doing well? Any input on the transplant would be extremely helpful for me. Any tips you can give to help me get through this?

    Take care,
    Beth

    hey
    Hi Beth,

    Just want to say hi . I sure hope you are feeling better tonight. What a rough week you had.
    Thinking of you
    Lisha
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    Ouch!!!
    Those things "hurt" no matter how they do it.Last time I took my pillow to hug,of course everyone laughed at me.Like a little kid with the blanky.I HATE them.Hugs,Michele Dx95FNHL3
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    dixiegirl said:

    How soon
    How soon after chemo did they do it? Mine was 3 weeks, or rather 3 weeks will be monday.
    I hope to God they waited long enough. I get my pet scan done on Monday and will get the results a couple hours later.

    I hope I am in remission cause I sure don't want to do another round of RICE. I know I don't want to do the BEAM either,I just want to get all this done.


    How did your transplant go? Are you still doing well? Any input on the transplant would be extremely helpful for me. Any tips you can give to help me get through this?

    Take care,
    Beth

    thinking of you
    Beth, We'll all be saying an extra prayer for you on Monday for "no activity" results! stay calm (sleep) during the hour long dye infusion so the dye does it's magic and the PET Scan detects NOTHING!
    Janelle
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043

    thinking of you
    Beth, We'll all be saying an extra prayer for you on Monday for "no activity" results! stay calm (sleep) during the hour long dye infusion so the dye does it's magic and the PET Scan detects NOTHING!
    Janelle

    waiting
    They don't have a bed to lie down on, just these uncomfortable chairs for the 45 minute wait on the radioactive sugar to do it's thing.

    Hopefully I can find a comfy chair that won't irritate the butt bruise. I still can't believe how much it hurts.

    Take care,
    Beth
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Beth
    So sorry for your pain. I have never had that test but if I have to I will bring a hammer.
    Thinking of you and all you are having to do. BUT you WILL be the in the CURED percentage of people!!!!
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    dixiegirl said:

    waiting
    They don't have a bed to lie down on, just these uncomfortable chairs for the 45 minute wait on the radioactive sugar to do it's thing.

    Hopefully I can find a comfy chair that won't irritate the butt bruise. I still can't believe how much it hurts.

    Take care,
    Beth

    Pet B/4 BMB
    where I go they have recliners and they keep it so quite so they do good at that.

    I'm not sure why clinics schedule the BMB before a PET scan. not only is our butt tender to have to sit/lay on that spot, but the radioactive dye goes directly to that BMB spot instead of seeking out it's main target, the CD20 cells.

    I hope you have something to help you sleep tonight.
    Hugs!
    Janelle