Today's CT results

AnneCan
AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
Hi everyone,

I got my CT results today. My CT scan was 2 weeks ago + had been moved up due to increasing CEA numbers. Overall the results were not bad, although there is some growth in some liver tumours. Some of my lymph nodes have actually decreased, as well as a couple of "nodes". Anyway, my onc is switching me from folfiri + avastin to erbitux + irinotecan. I will get weekly treatments (I think I get erbitux every time + irinotecan every other time - lots of info to absorb). I have never been as stressed for results as I was today + I want to get that under better control (onc wants me too also). The onc emphasized the rash of erbitux + said it might upset me when I looked in the mirroe - that kind of scared me. I am nervous about switching, but am also trying to tell myself it is a new opportunity.
«13

Comments

  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030
    I know, It's tough when you
    I know, It's tough when you have no other choice but to put one foot in front of the other. Keep on pressing! Thinking about you and feeling your apprehension. It is an opportunity, and we are glad that there is one there for you. Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Nana b said:

    I know, It's tough when you
    I know, It's tough when you have no other choice but to put one foot in front of the other. Keep on pressing! Thinking about you and feeling your apprehension. It is an opportunity, and we are glad that there is one there for you. Hugs!

    Ok Anne, don,t worry keep strength !
    No problem about rush, I'm sure it's going to work definitively!
    Just cheer up!
    Hugs my dear canouck!
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824
    Hi Anne
    Hoping that the new meds do the job for you.I quit looking in the mirror long ago and I don't even have a rash! Take care...a new opportunity might turn out to be a great blessing. I hope so.

    Best wishes to you Anne.

    -Pat
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    From Texas to Canada....
    Anne

    I could feel your "stress" an entire country away - it was so evident in your postings. I knew you were on high alert for sure and for all the obvious reasons.

    I've heard what Erbitux and Vectibix can do to our face, arms, and chest, and I've heard it is not a pretty sight. One of my oncs called it "fire ant face" and that there could be some scarring left over, but maybe not.

    If my chemo fails, that will probably be my next stop as well - I'm glad the option is there for you, but wish you did not have to do this.

    You're such a "Steady Eddy" and are so wise and under control - you carry yourself with remarkable grace and dignity and I want as many good things as this life has to offer you:)

    Thanks for the report and I look forward to the next one.

    And BTW, your post the other day that you opened, prompted me to put mine out there - you talked about "long term SURVIVORSHIP" and those words got me to releasing that post the other day.

    I wanted to talk about back in November, but time ran out and it was time for Santa Craig, so I just tabled it for this year and was going to wait another month, but it took you, Anne, to get me going.

    Whenever I've needed calming and reasssurance, I need look no further than you to set me right; you just have a way with me. You've been a very supportive person and a dear friend to me since I've known you - and I wish it to stay that way.

    Thank you always for reading what I write - I live for the feedback and you've never failed me in this area.

    Always!
    -Craig
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    Nana b said:

    I know, It's tough when you
    I know, It's tough when you have no other choice but to put one foot in front of the other. Keep on pressing! Thinking about you and feeling your apprehension. It is an opportunity, and we are glad that there is one there for you. Hugs!

    Nana b
    Thanks for your thoughts! Change is always a bit tough, but I will get through this one.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    Jaylo969 said:

    Hi Anne
    Hoping that the new meds do the job for you.I quit looking in the mirror long ago and I don't even have a rash! Take care...a new opportunity might turn out to be a great blessing. I hope so.

    Best wishes to you Anne.

    -Pat

    Pat
    Thank-you; I really appreciate your kind words. I am hoping this treatment will kick the sh%$ out of the cancer!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    pepebcn said:

    Ok Anne, don,t worry keep strength !
    No problem about rush, I'm sure it's going to work definitively!
    Just cheer up!
    Hugs my dear canouck!

    Pepe
    Thank-you, my optimistic Spanish friend! I plan on this working!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    Sundanceh said:

    From Texas to Canada....
    Anne

    I could feel your "stress" an entire country away - it was so evident in your postings. I knew you were on high alert for sure and for all the obvious reasons.

    I've heard what Erbitux and Vectibix can do to our face, arms, and chest, and I've heard it is not a pretty sight. One of my oncs called it "fire ant face" and that there could be some scarring left over, but maybe not.

    If my chemo fails, that will probably be my next stop as well - I'm glad the option is there for you, but wish you did not have to do this.

    You're such a "Steady Eddy" and are so wise and under control - you carry yourself with remarkable grace and dignity and I want as many good things as this life has to offer you:)

    Thanks for the report and I look forward to the next one.

    And BTW, your post the other day that you opened, prompted me to put mine out there - you talked about "long term SURVIVORSHIP" and those words got me to releasing that post the other day.

    I wanted to talk about back in November, but time ran out and it was time for Santa Craig, so I just tabled it for this year and was going to wait another month, but it took you, Anne, to get me going.

    Whenever I've needed calming and reasssurance, I need look no further than you to set me right; you just have a way with me. You've been a very supportive person and a dear friend to me since I've known you - and I wish it to stay that way.

    Thank you always for reading what I write - I live for the feedback and you've never failed me in this area.

    Always!
    -Craig

    Craig
    Thank-you so much! You are making me blush! I have been a "Steady Eddie" most of my life but the last little while all my steadiness has truly been tested + that has really bothered me. You are a true friend to me in every sense of the word and I so appreciate your support. I feel honoured if I helped inspire you to post that post the other day (do I get some of the royalties when it becomes a chapter in your best selling book? lol) I think it was one of your best posts ever + that is saying something.(am I biased now that you told me I had a role in it?) The theme "SURVIVORSHIP" is so important to me. You may get tired of me talking about it!
    I will just have to see as far as the rash goes; I guess some people get it worse than others + it can come + go. Anyway if it kicks the sh&% out of the cancer, I will put up with it.

    Keep smiling!
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    AnneCan said:

    Craig
    Thank-you so much! You are making me blush! I have been a "Steady Eddie" most of my life but the last little while all my steadiness has truly been tested + that has really bothered me. You are a true friend to me in every sense of the word and I so appreciate your support. I feel honoured if I helped inspire you to post that post the other day (do I get some of the royalties when it becomes a chapter in your best selling book? lol) I think it was one of your best posts ever + that is saying something.(am I biased now that you told me I had a role in it?) The theme "SURVIVORSHIP" is so important to me. You may get tired of me talking about it!
    I will just have to see as far as the rash goes; I guess some people get it worse than others + it can come + go. Anyway if it kicks the sh&% out of the cancer, I will put up with it.

    Keep smiling!

    Anne
    i'm so sorry to hear about the meds not working but im sure the new ones will. also i think if you do get a rash that you would look very cute so stay strong my dear hugs Tina
  • Anne
    i'm so sorry to hear about the meds not working but im sure the new ones will. also i think if you do get a rash that you would look very cute so stay strong my dear hugs Tina

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    Hi Anne, I'm glad that

    Hi Anne, I'm glad that you'll be able to receive erbitux/irinotecan - may this treatment begin your journey to long term survivorship. Best wishes, Cyn
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277
    Anne
    I am so glad to hear that you got your results. I know you were pretty anxious about it. Sounds a bit of mixed results which it seems is pretty common. Some good news (woo hoo) and some so so news. I'm happy to hear that you have a plan in place. HUGS to you
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673

    Anne
    i'm so sorry to hear about the meds not working but im sure the new ones will. also i think if you do get a rash that you would look very cute so stay strong my dear hugs Tina

    Thanks Tina!
    I'll let you know if I look cute. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Lori-S said:

    Anne
    I am so glad to hear that you got your results. I know you were pretty anxious about it. Sounds a bit of mixed results which it seems is pretty common. Some good news (woo hoo) and some so so news. I'm happy to hear that you have a plan in place. HUGS to you

    If I know you, you'll be just fine.....
    You are the in depth thinker...you will persevere because of who you are....I have the utmost respect for you and your journey will be one of ease and you will succeed in this one as well.........love to you my lady..buzz
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    unknown said:

    This comment has been removed by the Moderator

    Hi Graci
    Thanks for all your good thoughts. I talked to the onc about the antibiotics; I don't think she prescribes it right away. She did say to use a moisturizing cleanser; my skin will become dry. I would love to have everything shrinking but with my CEA climbing I knew that wasn't very likely. I can handle a little growth, + the onc did say there was some shrinkage too. I am sorry you are feeling stress. You take care, too!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673

    Hi Anne, I'm glad that

    Hi Anne, I'm glad that you'll be able to receive erbitux/irinotecan - may this treatment begin your journey to long term survivorship. Best wishes, Cyn

    Thanks Cynthia!
    I really appreciate your good thoughts + best wishes.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    Lori-S said:

    Anne
    I am so glad to hear that you got your results. I know you were pretty anxious about it. Sounds a bit of mixed results which it seems is pretty common. Some good news (woo hoo) and some so so news. I'm happy to hear that you have a plan in place. HUGS to you

    Lori
    Thanks so much! It is mixed results; maybe the next set of results will be all good! Hugs back to you!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    Buzzard said:

    If I know you, you'll be just fine.....
    You are the in depth thinker...you will persevere because of who you are....I have the utmost respect for you and your journey will be one of ease and you will succeed in this one as well.........love to you my lady..buzz

    Buzz with 2 z's
    Thank-you from the bottom of my heart for these kind + inspirational words!
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395
    Hang in there!
    Anne,

    I am taking Erbitux and have had three treatments with it so far. I am taking an antibiotic that is helping a lot with the rash. It is very mild right now. Load up on moisturizers because it really dries out the skin.

    Hope you have great results with this treatment.

    Hugs,
    Sara
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 952
    Anne
    Sounds like you oncologist has a good plan for you. I hope that the new combination works well for you with minimum side effects. It is hard to wait so long for CT results. Two weeks is a long time. It's great that you had overall news. Keeping you in my thoughts Anne.

    Amy