Fart question (sorry)

lcarper2
lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I hate to even ask this question but this is the only place to get answers...I have what I call chemo farts and they are very bad I do it alot and smell .....OMG the odor does anyone else have this please respond as soon as you stop laughing...

Thanks Louann
«1

Comments

  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Chemo Farts! O Yes!
    And it is then that I get sweet revenge with my gassy other half!

    Be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yep, the ole rotten egg chemo fragrance.....
    Burning candles will help rid the house of the odor by burning the lingering methane and covering the odor.I have an ostomy and mannnnn, it takes several candles when I change my bag if I do it inside.......
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
    Buzzard said:

    Yep, the ole rotten egg chemo fragrance.....
    Burning candles will help rid the house of the odor by burning the lingering methane and covering the odor.I have an ostomy and mannnnn, it takes several candles when I change my bag if I do it inside.......

    FARTS
    Wow glad to know I am not the only one that has this stuff I don't have a bag but my husband says I am like Exxon have plenty of gas...thanks for the candle advise ,well candle stock prices will soar now...
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610
    Hooray!!!
    A nice question about flatulence couldn't cause much controversy! Everybody and their brother bakes a good air biscuit from time-to-time. In fact, my brother is quite the master air biscuit baker - he can bring even the toughest of men to tears and at 47 years old he is still proud and jolly about making me, his little sister, scrunch up my nose and run for a box of matches at the end of a family BBQ.

    As for you, Louann...yep...chemo brain, chemo skin, chemo belly, chemo farts....it's all part of the prize package with chemo. If you have a dog, a brother, or a two-year old you have a good scapegoat. If not and you find yourself in mixed company and a wee little gas should escape, just lift up your shoe and say you accidentally stepped in some....well....you know....

    Other than that you might look at your diet - certain foods might be giving you problems (for me after resection grainy foods and popcorn could render me a gassy lass). Beano works well - you can carry it with you if you are dining out. Best bet is to ask your onc what he/she suggests.

    Jake - Bakin' Air Biscuits
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
    usakat said:

    Hooray!!!
    A nice question about flatulence couldn't cause much controversy! Everybody and their brother bakes a good air biscuit from time-to-time. In fact, my brother is quite the master air biscuit baker - he can bring even the toughest of men to tears and at 47 years old he is still proud and jolly about making me, his little sister, scrunch up my nose and run for a box of matches at the end of a family BBQ.

    As for you, Louann...yep...chemo brain, chemo skin, chemo belly, chemo farts....it's all part of the prize package with chemo. If you have a dog, a brother, or a two-year old you have a good scapegoat. If not and you find yourself in mixed company and a wee little gas should escape, just lift up your shoe and say you accidentally stepped in some....well....you know....

    Other than that you might look at your diet - certain foods might be giving you problems (for me after resection grainy foods and popcorn could render me a gassy lass). Beano works well - you can carry it with you if you are dining out. Best bet is to ask your onc what he/she suggests.

    Jake - Bakin' Air Biscuits

    hooray
    I ask my onc and he said it came with the chemo he said just pass it and go on...
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    lcarper2 said:

    hooray
    I ask my onc and he said it came with the chemo he said just pass it and go on...

    Better yet...........
    Save it for the day after thanksgiving.....simply pass through the isle you want to shop in, drop the bomb as you pass by and wait 30 seconds. You'll have it all to yourself. Simple shopping....Farts are a shoppers best friend.........
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
    Buzzard said:

    Better yet...........
    Save it for the day after thanksgiving.....simply pass through the isle you want to shop in, drop the bomb as you pass by and wait 30 seconds. You'll have it all to yourself. Simple shopping....Farts are a shoppers best friend.........

    better yet
    OMG if I tried to hold them at all I would explode it is constant farts around here my husband will say there ain't enough of you for all that to be coming from you. We have laughed for 20 min. as I get the walking farts accross the room and when I fart in walmart I almost die laughing I am not kidding these bad girls will not stay in they are coming out ready or not...I am cracking up just writting this..
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    Get a dog
    ok, juvenile, I know, but it still cracks me up. I couldn't find the scene on its own, only as the second piece in this clip show. It's the scene with the old lady and the tea tray. The punchline comes after the dog runs out of the room.

  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    lcarper2 said:

    better yet
    OMG if I tried to hold them at all I would explode it is constant farts around here my husband will say there ain't enough of you for all that to be coming from you. We have laughed for 20 min. as I get the walking farts accross the room and when I fart in walmart I almost die laughing I am not kidding these bad girls will not stay in they are coming out ready or not...I am cracking up just writting this..

    Having had a trait in common with Tsar Peter the Great, prior
    to my colostomy, that is,great flatulence, I can state from experience that the stench when you let the air out of the bag makes your normal fart smell like roses!!!!!Gross as it sounds, its true for me.If I'm in a public restroom pissing and checking bag in toilet area (not urinal)and someone rushes me, I make it a point to let air out of bag. Can't wait til healthy enough, after chemo ends, to go to aTLantic City and if anyone smokes near me, you know what I'll do. One of the few "pleasures" of living with a bag, I guess......Steve
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111
    Farts
    OMG I'm cracking up. Just this weekend I told George at least he is not farting as much as he used to after his colon resection and finishing that first round of chemo. I know he could not help it but it was just awful at times. Just to be on the safe side, I would use the old Febreeze on the sofa and bed quite often. Tina
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    Yes
    Get a dog and blame it on him
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
    geotina said:

    Farts
    OMG I'm cracking up. Just this weekend I told George at least he is not farting as much as he used to after his colon resection and finishing that first round of chemo. I know he could not help it but it was just awful at times. Just to be on the safe side, I would use the old Febreeze on the sofa and bed quite often. Tina

    Farts
    I can't believe how much I do fart it is so bad, I can't hold it in no matter where I am my husband says I can fart on command . We will laugh until we cry it happens so much , I do it at least 30 x aday. I really thought there was something with my azz so I ask my ONC he just cracked up and said just do it and leave the room and no one will know where it came from. I said not if they are standing next to you , it would be kinda hard to not own up to it. I just say honey you need to fix that lose tile and everyone cracks up...


    Louann
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139
    Farts
    My wife accuses me of farting, chemo style, and dragging them past her. She is in a wheelchair so she gets the full effect.

    John
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484
    impeccable timing for this thread!
    i thought my increased flatulence was because of my reversed ileo, not the chemo!

    well, i had a most embarassing fart event this weekend, about blew a gal's face off at the bank. I left her cube to go fart in the vestibule but it stayed with me, trapped under my coat and my husband and daughter just layed their heads down and laughed and cried.

    I just looked at the banker and said "I have issues" which caused more crying and laughing from my family.
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370
    AceSFO said:

    Get a dog
    ok, juvenile, I know, but it still cracks me up. I couldn't find the scene on its own, only as the second piece in this clip show. It's the scene with the old lady and the tea tray. The punchline comes after the dog runs out of the room.

    Too funny!
    OMG AceSFO
    I had forgot that one, so funny, it cracked me up!
    Thanks Pam
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625
    pluckey said:

    impeccable timing for this thread!
    i thought my increased flatulence was because of my reversed ileo, not the chemo!

    well, i had a most embarassing fart event this weekend, about blew a gal's face off at the bank. I left her cube to go fart in the vestibule but it stayed with me, trapped under my coat and my husband and daughter just layed their heads down and laughed and cried.

    I just looked at the banker and said "I have issues" which caused more crying and laughing from my family.

    hysterical
    Oh, this is too funny! I still think I had undiagnosed colitis before getting my cancer diagnosis, so I'm just as gassy now as I was before.
    We've got to laugh or we'll cry.
    I just pictured the whole scene at the bank you just described & I was laughing and laughing.

    Have a breezy day- lol!
    Lisa
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635
    lisa42 said:

    hysterical
    Oh, this is too funny! I still think I had undiagnosed colitis before getting my cancer diagnosis, so I'm just as gassy now as I was before.
    We've got to laugh or we'll cry.
    I just pictured the whole scene at the bank you just described & I was laughing and laughing.

    Have a breezy day- lol!
    Lisa

    farting
    we went to the casino over the weekend and on the elevator I farted and the door got stuck I was soooooooo laughing and this lady hollered PLEASE HELP ME I THINK WE HAVE A DEAD BODY ON BOARD and they got the door opened so not only did the 5 people inside get a big dose of stinky stink but the attendents that opened the door cried out OMG WHERE IS THE DEAD BODY WE SMELL IT. By that time I am laughing so hard that I have the laughing farts and they wouldn't let me get off the elevator until all the smell was gone we road up and down 5 times opening the door on every floor. My husband said we won't go back for awhile let them forget what I look like...
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232
    You guys
    Don't make me go there. I live in a house of 4 boys. Well, okay 3 boys and husband same thing.LOL If they read this you guys have no idea the things they will jump in and tell. I don't recall having issues, but my sons lordy, be. I am laughing and in tears just reading and thinking please don't let them walk in and read over my shoulder!
    Take care,
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220
    New purse size Lysol comes in handy!
    OK so it was invented this last year because of the H1N1 virus, not for colon cancer sufferers, but we need to keep this product on the market -- it's a tiny purse size can of Lysol for travel and it's available at Walgreen's and CVS and some WalMarts (near checkstand at Wally World).

    This can be a lifesaver in small spaces!

    K1
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    You can also
    Pull my finger for the answer to your question.
    ;-)