Does anyone notice anything different?

CherylHutch
CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
One of my two new looks! I'm preparing myself for the possibility of bad hair days with the Irinotecan... and if it turns out that I don't have particularly noticeable hair loss, I'll still have two fabulous looks for when one just wants to get dolled up :D

The second look is completely different, but that one is getting styled with a few changes so when it's done, I'll get a picture of it as well :D

Cheryl

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • CherylHutch
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Giggle
    Kathy! The hair in this picture IS a wig ;) The other wig I am getting is a blonde one... so I'll have this one and a completely different "blonde" look :)

YES!! The sun is out! The sun is out!! And my dog has gone on a morning hike with my neighbour and they still aren't back, so they must be having a heck of a good time :) Me, I'm being sooooo lazy this morning but am about to get dressed and get outside myself. Tonight, I'm going to an event (2010 Ovation Awards) which is an Awards night for musical theatre in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. Over 50 productions of different musical theatre shows in 2010. Wow!

Cheryl
  • Giggle
    Kathy! The hair in this picture IS a wig ;) The other wig I am getting is a blonde one... so I'll have this one and a completely different "blonde" look :)

YES!! The sun is out! The sun is out!! And my dog has gone on a morning hike with my neighbour and they still aren't back, so they must be having a heck of a good time :) Me, I'm being sooooo lazy this morning but am about to get dressed and get outside myself. Tonight, I'm going to an event (2010 Ovation Awards) which is an Awards night for musical theatre in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. Over 50 productions of different musical theatre shows in 2010. Wow!

Cheryl

• unknown said:

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    unknown said:

delish
    cheryl it's gorgeous.....love it....great colour great style...hope it is comfy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    LOVE it!
    Beautiful! But, of course, you always are, dearheart!!!

Dutch hugs, kathi
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Cheryl
    Oh Cheryl you are looking hot !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Oh Cheryl, you look

Oh Cheryl, you look beautiful and simply radiant with that lovely smile. Hugs, Cynthia
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Cute!
    Hi Cheryl,

I like it! It really does look nice and natural. Hopefully you won't even need it, but it's nice to be prepared!
    Enjoy your sunshine today! We've sure had our share that we've enjoyed lately. Here, the sunshine inspired me about a week ago to buy some bare root roses to plant. I've put it off until today and lo and behold, I've got the soil, shovel, etc. all out at the planter and it starts to rain! Oh well- it'll keep for another day or so!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Whistle!!
    Looking good Cheryl!
  • CherylHutch
    Thanks, gals!!
    I must admit, it's taken a load off my shoulders knowing that no matter what happens, I'm prepared and with a touch of make up and slapping on a wig, I can look civilized and my hair will handle better than my own! LOL! I could never get my own hair to lie flat and in the shape of a bob, no matter how hard I tried :)

In answer to some of the questions... I don't have either of them yet. Now that I've picked the two I like, they are getting custom-sized so that they will be a perfect, comfortable fit. The blonde one needs a bit of styling because I'm one of those gals who does look better with bangs than without and the blonde one is more sweeping to one side than actual bangs. Hard to describe but will put up a picture tomorrow to give you an idea.

But right now, I'm just waiting for the taxi and I'm heading out! So talk to you all tomorrow :)

Cheryl
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Thanks, gals!!
    I must admit, it's taken a load off my shoulders knowing that no matter what happens, I'm prepared and with a touch of make up and slapping on a wig, I can look civilized and my hair will handle better than my own! LOL! I could never get my own hair to lie flat and in the shape of a bob, no matter how hard I tried :)

In answer to some of the questions... I don't have either of them yet. Now that I've picked the two I like, they are getting custom-sized so that they will be a perfect, comfortable fit. The blonde one needs a bit of styling because I'm one of those gals who does look better with bangs than without and the blonde one is more sweeping to one side than actual bangs. Hard to describe but will put up a picture tomorrow to give you an idea.

But right now, I'm just waiting for the taxi and I'm heading out! So talk to you all tomorrow :)

Cheryl

Envious!
    I am definately envious! Before I was diagnosed I had noticed that my hair was thining in the front top. I figured at my age (nearly 64 now) that it might just be genetic thining since my mom's hair is thin in that area. I also noticed that my hair was not growing as fast as it used to.

When I worked I was very particular about trying to have a nice 'do', but after retirement just went with a 'blow and go' style.

I noticed just this week that my hair seems fuller again and seems to be growing again. It has been nearly a year since surgery. Maybe in my case cancer made me 'folically challenged' ( I didn't have chemo to blame it on)...lol.

No matter if you need the new hair because of thinning or not, enjoy the 'new yous'! Just don't go too blond on us!

Hugs

Marie who loves kitties
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    A keeper
    Looking good, Cheryl! I love it!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Cheryl
    You look beautiful! I can't wait to see the other one.
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    AnneCan said:

Cheryl
    You look beautiful! I can't wait to see the other one.

you look ready for anything
    you look ready for anything that comes your way.. HUgs. Petrina
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Cheryl
    Cheryl,
    You are a beautiful woman! I love the look!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Cheryl:
    You are beautiful in my eyes, hair or no hair. Love the new look. Glad you went for the wig, George since starting CPT-11 has lost a lot, about 75% but he didn't have much to start with.

Hugs - Tina
  • luvmylife
    luvmylife Member Posts: 76
    You look Great.
    Cheryl,

You are beautiful as usual and I have to tell you that we went to the pulmonologist for the interstitial lung disease problem and the Dr. told us everything you wrote to me in your reply to my post. He said it is so rare to have that side effect w/chemo that he had to look it up. So you were as knowlegable as he was.

Thanks for the info.

Love,

Jan
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    luvmylife said:

You look Great.
    Cheryl,

You are beautiful as usual and I have to tell you that we went to the pulmonologist for the interstitial lung disease problem and the Dr. told us everything you wrote to me in your reply to my post. He said it is so rare to have that side effect w/chemo that he had to look it up. So you were as knowlegable as he was.

Thanks for the info.

Love,

Jan

cheryl
    very pretty like it very much

michelle
  • CherylHutch
    luvmylife said:

You look Great.
    Cheryl,

Thanks for the info.

Love,

Jan

And all will end up well :)
    I'm glad I wasn't way off base, Jan. I always try to be very careful how I answer questions because I'm the first to admit I'm not a doctor, not do I have a medical background... on the other hand, sometimes all of us don't give ourselves enough credit that because we live with this disease 24/7, we do learn about it and in some cases, can let doctors know things that they weren't aware of. But even so... one should always, always get their doctors' advice first and then the rest of us can fill in the gaps or explain an unfamiliar term :)

I'm just so glad they caught this early, early, early :)

Cheryl