Good News? Bad News? Right News?? Wrong News??? Daaang!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Just gotta say, Jen it is so
    Just gotta say, Jen it is so up and down. I hope that you will just keep on keeping on. I think of you and everyone on the board everyday. Paula
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hey big sis
    Little sis here. I swear if I could punch cancer in the face I would. I hope the steriods do something, your cea comes down and that be it. But if there is something bad again I know you'll get through it, you are one tough cookie.

Love and hugs
    Sonia
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Hi Jennie
    Just a quick note befor eI head off for my last stereotactic radiation for my 4 lung nodules. Dang is right. I have 2 medical teams as well (and 3 complementary) and am doing radiation because of the opinion of one of the teams. My other medical oncologist (at the larger center) just was looking at chemo).

Regarding the dry cough and pneumonia, that is a risk with radiation to the lung. My internal medicine/anthroposophical doc has me on a nebulizer (saline and Iscador) once a day and I can tell it helps wit a cough after the txs. Also anemia is the most common side effect with radiation because of the drop in RBC. I've developed a craving for steak-medium rare-, and I hardly ever eat meat and I had this craving last time I did radiation/chemo- eggs, salmon, etc. Also you might consider miso (fermented soybean paste) soup which has a protective quality against radiation (radiation keeps working long after txs have stopped.

I see my naturopath tomorrow and my acupuncturist Sat. They are very helpful dealing with side effects of these radiation and chemo txs.

Love you dear. You have a lovely daughter and you have a great attitude. My encouragement is to treasure every moment and keep on keeping on.

Leslie
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Makes ya dizzy
    My goodness, very confusing and I can certainly understand your being bummed.

Out of all that I think that your really smart NURSE daughter had the best advice of all.

Do you have an adverse reaction to the contrast medium used with the CT? Just wondering why no contrast since I thought that is what causes the 'bad spots' to be more easily found.

Hope the steroids work and that you can take the cough off your worry list.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Jennie
    Jennie,

Geez.. those are a lot of opinions floating around. I think your daughter sounds like a wise young lady. I know the uncertainty of it all is so dam* hard. I 'll be thinking about you and praying that things get settled and that all is well.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Jennie
    Jennie,

Geez.. those are a lot of opinions floating around. I think your daughter sounds like a wise young lady. I know the uncertainty of it all is so dam* hard. I 'll be thinking about you and praying that things get settled and that all is well.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

This comment has been removed by the Moderator