Are there any Kidney Cancer Patients that are in a clinical trial with the drug Everolimus?

onemore
onemore Member Posts: 57
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
Hi

Is there anyone out there that has been in a clinical trial using the drug Everolimus?

Onemore

Comments

• sardarateeq
    sardarateeq Member Posts: 1
    hy
    any one knows about abdominal tumor.what is the treatment after operation
  • cww71964
    cww71964 Member Posts: 97
    everolimus
    I am considering it. Are you on it?
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

hy
    any one knows about abdominal tumor.what is the treatment after operation

Abdominal tumour
    sardarateeq,

You may get more help on the Stomach cancer forum than here on the kidney cancer forum.
  • Jeff2159
    Jeff2159 Member Posts: 108
    cww71964 said:

everolimus
    I am considering it. Are you on it?

Was I fooled
    It will be 3 weeks tomorrow for my surgery which was suppose to be stage 1 5.7cm tumor. Surprise, the only thing that was correct was the size but I got a t3a,pN1 and a G4 due to having a sarcomatoid element of 55%. The concern is the one lymph node being hot and having a fast growing cancer. Other than the poor diagnosis, I feel great. No pain meds after 3 days (though it was tempting to keep taking them), I can lay down on both sides and no discomfort getting out of sitting position. I'm itching to play golf but I can still tell its way too early though I can putt and chip. Have signed up for the everolimus trial so it has to be approved by insurance. Anyone have info on this trail as compared to the pazopanib trials or MDX-1106? With a 65% chance of reoccurrence, I want to be agressive with offense to head this off.
  • cww71964
    cww71964 Member Posts: 97
    Jeff2159 said:

Was I fooled
    It will be 3 weeks tomorrow for my surgery which was suppose to be stage 1 5.7cm tumor. Surprise, the only thing that was correct was the size but I got a t3a,pN1 and a G4 due to having a sarcomatoid element of 55%. The concern is the one lymph node being hot and having a fast growing cancer. Other than the poor diagnosis, I feel great. No pain meds after 3 days (though it was tempting to keep taking them), I can lay down on both sides and no discomfort getting out of sitting position. I'm itching to play golf but I can still tell its way too early though I can putt and chip. Have signed up for the everolimus trial so it has to be approved by insurance. Anyone have info on this trail as compared to the pazopanib trials or MDX-1106? With a 65% chance of reoccurrence, I want to be agressive with offense to head this off.

trial
    Tomorrow will mark my second week on the everolimus trial. So far no noticeable side effects so I am thinking placebo but my nurse thinks I am getting the drug because of a bloody nose twice in the first week. My thought was that regardless of if I get the drug or not, I will be monitored closely.

health and happiness,
    Wayne
  • Suzy61
    Suzy61 Member Posts: 1
    Affinitor
    My husband has been on Affinitor since Feb 14, 2012. The side effects are not as bad as the side effects of the Sutent. So far the main problem for him is soaring blood sugars. He was diabetic before the cancer. He has also lost most of his appetite. His hair turned white while on Sutent but now it is getting dark again. I don't know what else you would like to know other than what side effects he has had. If there is something specific you would like to know, let me know.
  • sunlover_56
    sunlover_56 Member Posts: 110
    Suzy61 said:

Affinitor
    My husband has been on Affinitor since Feb 14, 2012. The side effects are not as bad as the side effects of the Sutent. So far the main problem for him is soaring blood sugars. He was diabetic before the cancer. He has also lost most of his appetite. His hair turned white while on Sutent but now it is getting dark again. I don't know what else you would like to know other than what side effects he has had. If there is something specific you would like to know, let me know.

Affinitor
    I was just asked to try Everolimus.. I am one month out of surgery .. Removed total left kidney.. stage 2 grade 1. I am not so scared of the side efffect as I am petrified by the statement "Everolimus may cause increased infections and may increase your risk of Lymphoma and skin cancer" not sure I want to take a drug that will increase my chance to get a different cancer.
  • sunlover_56
    Suzy61 said:

Affinitor

Affinitor
    I was just asked to try Everolimus.. I am one month out of surgery .. Removed total left kidney.. stage 2 grade 1. I am not so scared of the side efffect as I am petrified by the statement "Everolimus may cause increased infections and may increase your risk of Lymphoma and skin cancer" not sure I want to take a drug that will increase my chance to get a different cancer.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

Affinitor

Afinitor
    Judy, it's mostly been used for advanced RCC and, I think, not as a first line of treatment either (but you may want to confirm that). The cost/benefit analysis doesn't look at all good to me.
  • sunlover_56

Afinitor
    Judy, it's mostly been used for advanced RCC and, I think, not as a first line of treatment either (but you may want to confirm that). The cost/benefit analysis doesn't look at all good to me.

Texas_wedge
    Thanks for your advice Tex. I did know they were using it for advanced RCC. They told me now they want to branch out and try it on patients who are stage 1 or 2 to see if it will stop or inhibit reaccurance. Im just not convinced the benifits for me wuuld outweight the side effects.. etc