1st Treatment

lagwag
lagwag Member Posts: 76 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My Mom has her 1st chemotherapy treatment tomorrow. Just asking to keep her in your prayers. Thanks - Liz

Comments

• TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352
    Hi Liz
    Your mom is in my prayers!
    Tom
  • hopeforcure49
    hopeforcure49 Member Posts: 111
    Prayers on the way.
    I'll keep her in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow....God Bless
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    done!
    I will pray for her!

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Your Mom will be in our
    Your Mom will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Best Always, mike
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Liz
    Liz,
    Saying prayers for your mom. For you too.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • lagwag
    TMac52 said:

Hi Liz
    Your mom is in my prayers!
    Tom

Thanks For Prayers
    Thanks for the prayers. Her 1st Treatment went well. Started with Oxaliplatin, Leucovorin, & Fluorouacil. So far no side effects. Any advise is always welcomed - Liz
  • lagwag

Prayers on the way.
    I'll keep her in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow....God Bless

Thanks For Prayers
    Thanks for the prayers. Her 1st Treatment went well. Started with Oxaliplatin, Leucovorin, & Fluorouacil. So far no side effects. Any advise is always welcomed - Liz
  • lagwag
    tootsie1 said:

done!
    I will pray for her!

*Hugs*
    Gail

Thanks For Prayer
  • lagwag
    thxmiker said:

Your Mom will be in our
    Your Mom will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Best Always, mike

Thanks For Prayers
  • lagwag

Liz
    Liz,

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Thanks For Prayers
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Liz
    Liz,

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Tell me...Who is the Picture of......?
    curious......
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am glad to hear
    that your Mom's 1st treatment went well.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Buzzard said:

curious......

Chemo Tips & Tricks
    Some things to think about which might help:

Staying hydrated during chemo helps. You can ask the nurse to give your mom a small cup of ice chips before each chemo treatment. Keeping ice in your mouth during the treatment and drinking water helps. This slows the circulation of blood, and the chemicals, to the membranes of the mouth and throat. Really worked wonders.

I was a little nauseated with chemo (never vomited). I bought ginger pills at Wal-Mart and they are highly recommended. They are given to pregnant women too for nausea. I took them every morning. I bought some lemon sour candy too. That helped with nausea. We are all different and will react differently.

--Ask for nausea, pain, and anxiety meds to have at home – Ativan was the one which worked for me. I was told to take the pill as soon as I began to have slight queasiness. If I waited until I was very queasy, it would be too late. I followed their advice and it worked.

--Take some crackers and water along (to chemo) with magazines to help the time pass or sleeping is good during that time too.

--Ask for a 24-hour call number if there is any problem at home.

The Oncology nurses are very helpful and will give lots of information and answer any questions. My first treatment went fine. I did have some nausea at home and the pills helped. I did sleep and that helped also.

We will be glad to answer any questions you and your mom have.

Lizzy
  • lagwag
    Buzzard said:

curious......

The picture is of my mom.

The picture is of my mom.
  • lagwag

Chemo Tips & Tricks
    Some things to think about which might help:

Staying hydrated during chemo helps. You can ask the nurse to give your mom a small cup of ice chips before each chemo treatment. Keeping ice in your mouth during the treatment and drinking water helps. This slows the circulation of blood, and the chemicals, to the membranes of the mouth and throat. Really worked wonders.

I was a little nauseated with chemo (never vomited). I bought ginger pills at Wal-Mart and they are highly recommended. They are given to pregnant women too for nausea. I took them every morning. I bought some lemon sour candy too. That helped with nausea. We are all different and will react differently.

--Ask for nausea, pain, and anxiety meds to have at home – Ativan was the one which worked for me. I was told to take the pill as soon as I began to have slight queasiness. If I waited until I was very queasy, it would be too late. I followed their advice and it worked.

--Take some crackers and water along (to chemo) with magazines to help the time pass or sleeping is good during that time too.

--Ask for a 24-hour call number if there is any problem at home.

The Oncology nurses are very helpful and will give lots of information and answer any questions. My first treatment went fine. I did have some nausea at home and the pills helped. I did sleep and that helped also.

We will be glad to answer any questions you and your mom have.

Lizzy

Thanks for the Tips & Tricks
    Lizzy - thanks so much for the advise. I can remember when I was pregnant i bought ginger pills and that seemed to help with the nausea. I hope and my pray that my mom will beat this!

Thanks again.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    AnneCan said:

I am glad to hear
    that your Mom's 1st treatment went well.

Hi Liz,
    Hi Liz,

Your mom is one lucky lady to have you help her and be with her! Great caregivers are very important!

Lizzy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Prayers
    She has prayers on the way. The first treatment is the scariest as you don't know what to expect, but soon you will find that she will be half way there. Hope she does well with treatment. Let us know how she is doing.

Kim