bad scan - very sad

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So sorry to hear this news. Was so hoping that his scan would come back clean. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Dear Kathleen
    I am so sorry. Holding you, ****, and your daughters for Peace, Healing, and Strength for the fight ahead.
    ~Aud
  • hopeforcure49
    hopeforcure49 Member Posts: 111
    God Bless
    I'm sorry to hear this. Just when you think you are clear, it hits you like frieght truck. I'm also waiting for results on my post-op ct scan. I know it hurts with kids. I have two at home a 19 and 16yr old. Have Faith don't lose that. Your in my prayers.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

God Bless
    I'm sorry to hear this. Just when you think you are clear, it hits you like frieght truck. I'm also waiting for results on my post-op ct scan. I know it hurts with kids. I have two at home a 19 and 16yr old. Have Faith don't lose that. Your in my prayers.

**** and Kathleen.........
    Realize that this is the same as before and all came out ok...This is just a different path that will need to be taken. It does not mean anything definite. I thought mine was done then boom lung met...After another surgery the met is gone with no nodes, and all clear margins...now I will not wait for it to return, I will do exactly as I did before....Live my Life. ****, I know what your feeling, I also know that it only means that it may take a little longer to get stable again, but you will get there again, I know you....and Kathleen, the caregiver and partner, the both of you did this before and came out ok, you will both do this again, and come out ok...Faith, in both God and in your uncanny ability to overcome all odds as the both of you do everyday......Love and Calm to the both of you, as well as the girls...You will all be fine........Clift
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    K & D
    What a shocking turn of events:(

I also thought that things were moving in a good direction as well...I can tell this is serious from all of the multiple mets and the one big one near the aorta. You're definitely in the fight for sure.

**** has been a warrior and you've served by his side throughout this whole ordeal - many highs and lows...I'm in the middle of my 3rd recurrence and have been fighting with radiation and chemo, so it's always tough to still be in the arena battling away, especially when we've all been at it for awhile.

I walk along with you both and hope that this next step will make things better.

-Craig
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352
    Sundanceh said:

K & D
    What a shocking turn of events:(

I also thought that things were moving in a good direction as well...I can tell this is serious from all of the multiple mets and the one big one near the aorta. You're definitely in the fight for sure.

**** has been a warrior and you've served by his side throughout this whole ordeal - many highs and lows...I'm in the middle of my 3rd recurrence and have been fighting with radiation and chemo, so it's always tough to still be in the arena battling away, especially when we've all been at it for awhile.

I walk along with you both and hope that this next step will make things better.

-Craig

Sorry about the news!
    There re no words of wisdom from me, just that I am sorry and will offer prayers for your family to heal together.
    Tom
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Oh Kathleen -
    Not what I wanted to log on and read today. I'm so very sorry. Since we also recently received bad news I do know exactly what you are feeling. I have no words of wisdom to get you through the next few weeks as you try to get a new plan of action going. It is tough, so very hard, you try and try and just can't get the upper hand. Like my George, **** is in a tough spot but as long as there are options out there you really never know what will kick it into stability or remission.

George is curently on CPT-11 so if you need any info on side effects, let me know.

Take care - Tina
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    You are so special
    Hello all,

**** and I are awake and eating our oatmeal. The girls are asleep. It looks like a very nice day here in Hawaii so we are going to go out on the boat and zip around. We are both in shock but we want to make the days good.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they mean so much to me. Really you are amazing people.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Dear Kathleen,this is a very
    Dear Kathleen,this is a very shocking news.I can imagine how much to cope with at right this momemt.You and **** are in my prayers,hope for the best for everyone in your family.Take care.
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    You will get through this
    **** and Kathleen,

Stay strong and focus on the plan of attack. I know it is difficult as I am dealing with it again myself (I will post my news today). It is overwhelming and devastating, but you have to keep fighting and keep the faith. Many people have had reoccurances and beat it down again for long periods of time. Like they always say, one day at a time. Good luck at Sloan Kettering. Don't give up!!!

Hugs,
    Sara
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329

You will get through this
    **** and Kathleen,

Stay strong and focus on the plan of attack. I know it is difficult as I am dealing with it again myself (I will post my news today). It is overwhelming and devastating, but you have to keep fighting and keep the faith. Many people have had reoccurances and beat it down again for long periods of time. Like they always say, one day at a time. Good luck at Sloan Kettering. Don't give up!!!

Hugs,
    Sara

You are in my thoughts and prayers
    I haven't posted in awhile but I got on today and my heart sank. I absolutely hate cancer and it takes so much from people. It gets hard being 'strong' all the time and I know **** has to be sick of it. I have scans coming up the 21st and I just had my CEA tested last week. It is up a bit since I have been off chemo...3.1 to 6.1 and I have been fighting panic attacks now all week. I am truely sorry you have to deal with this. I am so sick of bad things happening to good people. Not that I would ever ever wish cancer on anyone (well maybe child molesters) but I go to work and I see the negative people who are mean to others and eat like crap all day, be has healthy as can be, while I take my supplements work out and treat people well and then I have to deal with stage IV cancer AND put my family through it.
    I am truely sending you prayers and positive thoughts. You guys are so strong and are an inspiration because of the positive way you have fought this.....however I know you are just tired of it and for that I will pray for strength for you.

HUGS x 100

Linda
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Kathleen and ****, I am so
    Kathleen and ****, I am so very saddened to read this. Please know you are in my prayers. Somehow we all move on and somehow (actually through the grace of God) we are able to go on. What we go on to is much different then we had planned in our head, but we do go on. I know that my life is certainly not what I had plan, nor is anyone involved on the board, but I will say my life is good. I survive on being accepted into clinical trials, but once I accepted that, I have relaxed and know that I am blessed to have these trials. It is too soon for you to feel this peace as you are still sorting out the plan, but know, my prayer is for your peace. Take care friends. You will surprise yourselves. Jean
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    YES YOUARE IN THE FIGHT!!
    Kathleen, I have to tell you that despite the news you sound strong. I know you may not feel all that but it's still something to sound that way. Ther ie no reason that Folfiri can't take care of this and I have grown to dislike CAT scans by themselves. I know you save radiation to yourself but you don't get the whole picture. A PET is good. I am praying for the Peace that passes all understanding for all of you.

Caherine
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945

You are so special
    Hello all,

**** and I are awake and eating our oatmeal. The girls are asleep. It looks like a very nice day here in Hawaii so we are going to go out on the boat and zip around. We are both in shock but we want to make the days good.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they mean so much to me. Really you are amazing people.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

we love you, **** and your
    we love you, **** and your girls. We are here for you Kathleen. I think living and being in Hawaii has got to make anyone's day brighter!

Holding you all in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Kathleen, Your news saddens
    Kathleen, Your news saddens me. I am sending prayers your way now.
    You are in my thoughts.
    Erin
    fyi Did you see the news about the new chemotherapy drug? It is supposed to keep tumors stable and doesn't allow the cancer to spread with little side effects. Hopefully this is a start to help out our loved ones in stage 4. I caught it on the tail end of the news.
  • luvmylife
    luvmylife Member Posts: 76
    Memorial Sloan Kettering
    Kathleen,
    I replied to your post earlier but I don't think it went through. Anyway, my husband, Jimmy has stage IV colon ca. He has been on folfox w/avastin since July 2010. We went to Sloan at the end of Dec for a 2nd opinion. We met with Andrea Cercek, MD. She was very nice and told us that the treatment that Jimmy was already receiving was what she would do @ Sloan. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for surgery of the tumor and liver met, but at least we are now in the system at Sloan and Dr. Cercek will consult w/our onco from now on. I am glad we went, though as I want to make sure I leave no stone unturned in the fight against this monster.

We have 3 boys (25,22 and 17) who think the world of their dad. I went to mass after I read your post and prayed for your family during the elevation of the Eucharist. Prayer is all we have at this stage of the game. It will give us the strength we need to fight this damn disease.

God Bless you and your family and keep in touch.

Jan
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    luvmylife said:

Memorial Sloan Kettering
    Kathleen,
    I replied to your post earlier but I don't think it went through. Anyway, my husband, Jimmy has stage IV colon ca. He has been on folfox w/avastin since July 2010. We went to Sloan at the end of Dec for a 2nd opinion. We met with Andrea Cercek, MD. She was very nice and told us that the treatment that Jimmy was already receiving was what she would do @ Sloan. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for surgery of the tumor and liver met, but at least we are now in the system at Sloan and Dr. Cercek will consult w/our onco from now on. I am glad we went, though as I want to make sure I leave no stone unturned in the fight against this monster.

We have 3 boys (25,22 and 17) who think the world of their dad. I went to mass after I read your post and prayed for your family during the elevation of the Eucharist. Prayer is all we have at this stage of the game. It will give us the strength we need to fight this damn disease.

God Bless you and your family and keep in touch.

Jan

So sorry to hear of the
    So sorry to hear of the emotions you both are dealing with. I will keep you in my prayers. Petrina
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731

You are so special
    Hello all,

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Pilot license.
    I'm very sorry about this news. But I wonder about the status of ****'s pilot license.

--Greg
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    oh man
    Hi Kathleen,

Man- it's a slap, isn't it. You think you do everything right, then "boom". As others have said,though, this doesn't mean it's "it". Several people have had recurrences and are still here, alive and kicking. I know how scary it is, though, for sure.
    I'm glad you're consulting with more than just your local onc. If I'm right, **** has just done Folfox, so far as the major chemos, as I correct? He's got more options, for sure.
    I will most definitely be praying for that cancer to be stopped in its tracks in ****. & am praying for you, the girls, and the rest of the extended family too.

Love to you- remember- as I know you believe... our strength is in the Lord, even when it's very hard to understand.
    Hugs,
    Lisa
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    **** and Kathleen, I am so
    **** and Kathleen, I am so sorry to hear this news. Please know you are loved and being remembered in prayer, you and all your family.
    April