3 Weeks after Colon Resection

lagwag
lagwag Member Posts: 76 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My mom had her colon resection surg. 3 weeks ago. Today, she ended-up in the emergecy room with terrible pains in her lower right side. After a CT Scan, nothing showed (thank god). They said it could be her liver acting-up. She will call her Colon Dr. in the morning. Has anyone had any similar syptoms after there Colon Resection Surg? Thank you - Liz

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hi Liz
    Yes, I had a similar problem.

It turned out to be an infection. Was in the hospital for a couple of days with IV antibiotics, then was fine.

Like your mom, they did a CT scan and found no problems.

Marie who loves kitties
  • lagwag
    lagwag Member Posts: 76 Member

Hi Liz
    Yes, I had a similar problem.

It turned out to be an infection. Was in the hospital for a couple of days with IV antibiotics, then was fine.

Like your mom, they did a CT scan and found no problems.

Marie who loves kitties

Thanks Marie. My mom will
    Thanks Marie. My mom will start chemo on the 18th of Jan. so hopefuly this wont change thing too much. Although, I'm not looking forward to her starting chemo with the the possible side effects.
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    lagwag said:

Thanks Marie. My mom will
    Thanks Marie. My mom will start chemo on the 18th of Jan. so hopefuly this wont change thing too much. Although, I'm not looking forward to her starting chemo with the the possible side effects.

Infection
    I ended up back on the hospital after just getting out. Three days after getting out I spiked a fever of 103.7 with lots of pain. It turned out my colon resection was leaking into my abdominal area. Doctors said if I waited another 24 hours I probably would have died. So I'm very glad you went and had things checked out.

Bobby in Dallas
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I did
    I did, but my pain was in the left side. I had a blockage and had to be hospitalized for that. I'm so glad your mom got checked out, and I hope she will improve dramatically soon.

*hugs*
    Gail