Support Groups and tons of question

JoleneKris
JoleneKris Member Posts: 5
My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 in feb of last year. It had spread to her stomach lining. The dr was very positive that though Chemo she would go into remission. Her first check she had 3 tumors, 2 near her liver and one in it. From there the dr was back and forth on what to do. So my mom decided to try the Hoxey program in Mexico. After returning home from the month long trip she went back into the hospital because of a blood clot in her main artery in her leg. They were more concerned about getting that under control. She leg is still quit large, but has color and she can walk on it for limited time. She has a second opinion yesterday and the results are what we feared. They do not want to do chemo again as the cancer my mom has feeds off the chemo, and as for radiation they said the location of the tumors would make it too risky. So our only option right now to relieve my mom of her pain is steroids to help shrink the tumor. She is on morphine pills every eight hours, liquid morphine and daladine in between. In addition they have put her on anxiety and depression medicine to help her stay calm. My mom is only 57, and I am scared out of my mind to lose her. I just do not know what to do. They have assigned her to hospice care for pain management, and my mom first dr said maybe 6 months. Her liver, heart and kidneys are still functions 100%. She sleeps most of the time due to all the pain meds. I just want to find people who have been though something like this. I have two year old twins that are they heart of my mom. I cannot imagine them growing up without her. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Jolene

Comments

• norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Jolene, I just wanted to
    Jolene, I just wanted to write and tell you that I read your post. It touched me because your Mom is so young and has this disease. Thinking of you both and praying for you. This site has been a wealth of information and support for me. I hope others may have some advice for you. I was diagnosed with stage IIIC in 2009.
  • culka
    culka Member Posts: 149 Member
    norma2 said:

Jolene, I just wanted to
    Jolene, I just wanted to write and tell you that I read your post. It touched me because your Mom is so young and has this disease. Thinking of you both and praying for you. This site has been a wealth of information and support for me. I hope others may have some advice for you. I was diagnosed with stage IIIC in 2009.

Jolene
    I'm sorry about your mom, it is hard to read it not to live.
    You said that she was in Mexico. Was it some kind of gerson therapy there. If I'm in your situation I would continue with gerson's no salt, no sugar,but juices and coffee enema regime.
    Good luck.
    Jana