Ron 50 are you ok?

maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Ron I was just listening to the news here and it said some areas were receding but others had not crested.

how are you doing dear boy

let us know how you are and that you are safe

mags

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    G'day Mags
    I'm fine thanks er well I'm as good as I get. Compared with a lot of folks in Queensland I am doing fine. My brother was house sitting at a small coastal town called Emu park. It's on the coast east of Rockhampton. Luckily he got out on the weekend and got home to Brisbane. Poor old Rockhampton is expecting the flood peak on wednesday. It is expexted to be the highest in nearly a century and it could be mid Jan before they can get in and out of town again.It is always interesting when Rocky floods as they have quite a few big crocs in the river so it is not wise to wander around in flood waters. The forecast for the rest of the week is for rain storms and showers. Our wet season only really starts at the end of this month and they are expecting 3-4 cyclones this season. Our first cyclone theresa made the current mess. A lot of people are hurting .Queensland is one of the biggest cotton producers in Australia and over three quarters of the crop has been destroyed. But life goes on ,don't worry about me I was born with survival genes. Thanks for your concern . At least I am warm:) ron.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day Mags
    I'm fine thanks er well I'm as good as I get. Compared with a lot of folks in Queensland I am doing fine. My brother was house sitting at a small coastal town called Emu park. It's on the coast east of Rockhampton. Luckily he got out on the weekend and got home to Brisbane. Poor old Rockhampton is expecting the flood peak on wednesday. It is expexted to be the highest in nearly a century and it could be mid Jan before they can get in and out of town again.It is always interesting when Rocky floods as they have quite a few big crocs in the river so it is not wise to wander around in flood waters. The forecast for the rest of the week is for rain storms and showers. Our wet season only really starts at the end of this month and they are expecting 3-4 cyclones this season. Our first cyclone theresa made the current mess. A lot of people are hurting .Queensland is one of the biggest cotton producers in Australia and over three quarters of the crop has been destroyed. But life goes on ,don't worry about me I was born with survival genes. Thanks for your concern . At least I am warm:) ron.

Hello Ron
    I am glad you are fine; thanks for letting us know.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day Mags

Whew!
    I'm glad you're okay, Ron.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day Mags

Whew! So glad you checked in!!!!
    MAN! When I saw Rockhampton pics on the dutch news!!! I was SO worried about you, dear friend!!!

Thank you for checking in!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Ron
    Ron,
    Thanks for checking in. I know a lot of us were wondering how you were doing. Hope all stays good.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Ron
    Ron,
    Thanks for checking in. I know a lot of us were wondering how you were doing. Hope all stays good.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • maglets
    unknown said:

Ron
    Ron I finally got out my big atlas this morning and I am staring at Queensland and Rocky...trying to imagine a croc....hard to do.

Like Gracie I worry that you are breathing too much mold.....

stay in touch

mags
  • maglets said:

Ron
    Ron I finally got out my big atlas this morning and I am staring at Queensland and Rocky...trying to imagine a croc....hard to do.

Like Gracie I worry that you are breathing too much mold.....

stay in touch

mags

• maglets
    unknown said:

old worry wart
    haha gracie you are so cute.....yes I am an old worry wart....part mother part teacher part old fart ......worry worry worry

thanks gracie you make me smile.....

crocodile!!!!!! just like meeting a polar bear!!!!!

mags
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    unknown said:

HI Graci
    I saw that report about that woman being the first victim of the floods,honestly some of the press must live under a rock. We have had several flood deaths since november the most recent bringing the toll to eleven. There have been many many more saved in the nick of time ,every town and region has it's own group of state emergency service workers,all volunteers, who are on 24 hr call out for fires,cyclones ,storms and floods. They are all trained in fast water rescue and they save a lot of lives. I do have a lot of problems with mold, my bedroom wall is ten foot underground (built in the side of a hill)and termites have come through twice with the water so there is a lot of termite mud in the walls and it stays damp . The walls turn black and I have to use a lot of exit mold.
    I would like to shift but between poor health interfering with work and a costly marriage break up ,what I have is about all i can afford,there are lots of people worse off than me. I thank you all for your concern. as we are wont to say here"She'll be right mate". Ron.