In the hospital (update 12-17) (update 12/21)

2»

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad you are getting out in
    Glad you are getting out in time for the holidays.

I hope they are able to give you something for the pain.

Anticipating surgery is not fun, but hopefully after that bump in the road you will be feeling much better.

Take care and please keep us posted. By the way, do you have a buddy on here or is there someone at home who can let us know how you are doing when you have the surgery?

Marie who loves kitties
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sorry Buckwirth
    I am glad you will be home for Christmas. Wishing you well on the 5th.
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member

Anticipating surgery is not fun, but hopefully after that bump in the road you will be feeling much better.

Take care and please keep us posted. By the way, do you have a buddy on here or is there someone at home who can let us know how you are doing when you have the surgery?

Marie who loves kitties

Buddy
    No, no buddies.
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Hey Buck
    Sorry to hear of the tumor but, so glad you will be home for Christmas. We always have to look for the bright side otherwise this will just get and keep us down. At least with the tumor you now know what the problem is and can take care of it with the surgery. Merry Christmas at home!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    tumor
    I'm sorry to hear the tumor is causing you pain. I am in the same situation and it's been a **** trying to get the pain under control and narrowing down just WHAT is causing the pain. I finally was put on sustained release morphine, which is doing a much better job of managing my pain, since it doesn't run out every 4 hours. I just consulted with a radiology oncologist regarding stereotactic radiosurgery on my tumor, which is at the recto/sigmoid junction. He says it will help control the pain as well as the bleeding; I've also been having to get iron infused after 2 units of blood because my hematocrit and hemoglobin are so low. What kind of surgery are you scheduled for on the 5th? I sure know what you mean about being glad you're not having a bm, keeping the pain down. However, you know that once the stool DOES start passing, the pain is just going to be that much worse! I pray for good days ahead for you.
    mary
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Fissur
    Was hoping for a fissure but even though that isn't very good. Sorry about the tumor causing the pain. Glad that you will be home for the holidays and you can take care of it after the first of the year. Merry Christmas and welcome home. Hope you feel better soon.

Kim
  • Buckwirth

Marie who loves kitties

Damn iPad!
    Damn iPad!
  • Buckwirth
    msccolon said:

tumor
    I'm sorry to hear the tumor is causing you pain. I am in the same situation and it's been a **** trying to get the pain under control and narrowing down just WHAT is causing the pain. I finally was put on sustained release morphine, which is doing a much better job of managing my pain, since it doesn't run out every 4 hours. I just consulted with a radiology oncologist regarding stereotactic radiosurgery on my tumor, which is at the recto/sigmoid junction. He says it will help control the pain as well as the bleeding; I've also been having to get iron infused after 2 units of blood because my hematocrit and hemoglobin are so low. What kind of surgery are you scheduled for on the 5th? I sure know what you mean about being glad you're not having a bm, keeping the pain down. However, you know that once the stool DOES start passing, the pain is just going to be that much worse! I pray for good days ahead for you.
    mary

Surgery
    Remove the rectum
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear the pain is from the tumor, truly. But, at least they are on top of things are the surgery is scheduled. Glad it's after Christmas & not before, though.
    I will be praying for you- you take care & keep us updated.

Lisa
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lisa42 said:

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear the pain is from the tumor, truly. But, at least they are on top of things are the surgery is scheduled. Glad it's after Christmas & not before, though.
    I will be praying for you- you take care & keep us updated.

Lisa

Feel so sorry Buck ! now rest and try to enjoy Christmas
    And after that get operated and kick the **** of the bloody tumor !