Good news today as well!

upsofloating
upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
Well I've been on Gemzar since early April '10 after trying Doxil out for a couple of months for a recurrence. Ca125 hit high of 658 in April, normal by end of June (30), better by end of July (15) along with clean CT scan, so I opted to take August off for vacation. Gyn-onc a little concerned with my decision and ordered PET scan. After vacation, PET normal but ca125 crept up to 65. Restarted Gemzar mid-Sept, ca125 up to 111 by end of Sept -- Today it's 14. Nov was first month I received all 3 doses since I started in April. Counts never allowed for 3/month before, even with the reduced dose I was receiving. Going to continue Gemzar another couple of rounds at least this time. But for now, I got my early Christmas present!!!

Comments

• kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Wonderful news!
    I am sooo happy for you! What a wonderful Christmas present....AND getting it a little early is even BETTER!! Celebrate!

Enjoy the holidays!!

Karen
  • Always Hopeful
    Always Hopeful Member Posts: 234
    Great News
    What great news and a beautiful early Christmas present! Since I, too, am on Gemzar, it is comforting to know that it is working for you. Ca 125 is not a good marker for me, it is only scans that confirm things in my case.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Peace and hope, JJ
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379

Great News
    What great news and a beautiful early Christmas present! Since I, too, am on Gemzar, it is comforting to know that it is working for you. Ca 125 is not a good marker for me, it is only scans that confirm things in my case.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Peace and hope, JJ

Congrats!
    You just received a very cherished gift...the gift of good health. We can truly value that one can't we?

Best to you and enjoy the holidays!
    Jan
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    I am soo happy for you!
    What a nice present! Enjoy and relax this holiday season!

Kathy
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    What a nice early Christmas present
    So happy to hear your news. Celebrate the season. Glad that the Gemzar is working for you. Relax and enjoy. In peace and caring.
  • susafina
    susafina Member Posts: 131
    Ro10 said:

What a nice early Christmas present
    So happy to hear your news. Celebrate the season. Glad that the Gemzar is working for you. Relax and enjoy. In peace and caring.

DITTO
    Great News!!! Enjoy this great Christmas present. So happy to hear this good news. I am sending my best wishes to you! Treat yourself to something fabulous!
    SUE
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Thanks for all the good
    Thanks for all the good wishes! Continuing on chemo thru the holidays takes a bit off it all, but knowing it's working is well worth it. I'm not 'jumping ship' before I get to port this time ;-)

My best to all of you throughout the holiday season. We are here again to enjoy it all!!
    Annie
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member

Thanks for all the good
    Thanks for all the good wishes! Continuing on chemo thru the holidays takes a bit off it all, but knowing it's working is well worth it. I'm not 'jumping ship' before I get to port this time ;-)

My best to all of you throughout the holiday season. We are here again to enjoy it all!!
    Annie

Happy for you Annie
    Sounds like they found the treatment that works!! Enjoy your holidays. Nice picture of you!! Mary Ann
  • Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231
    Your good newS
    Oops,
    Congrats on good news, we bask in its warmth!
    Happy holidays,
    Sara Zipora
  • Sara Zipora
    Your good newS
    Oops,
    Happy holidays,
    Sara Zipora
  • Sara Zipora
    Your good newS
    Oops,
    Happy holidays,
    Sara Zipora
  • Sara Zipora
    Your good newS
    Oops,
    Happy holidays,
    Sara Zipora
  • Sara Zipora
    Your good newS
    Oops,
    Happy holidays,
    Sara Zipora