always something

vinny59
vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
Hey guy's, funny story, I'm at work and my Onc. calls me and tells me she is very sorry.... I'm thinking this can't be good....she proceedes to tell me that when I had my lumbar puncture, I should have received intrathecal chemotherapy.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! anyway, I have to go thru another lumbar puncture next week.......... ok it's not really a funny story, but if I'm not laughing I'm crying! LOL Vinny

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Oh No
    Vinny,
    I can not believe this with all the crap you went thru with the migraines and all. Now its all over again.I just can't believe that the god,I mean Dr. made that mistake. You have no choice in this matter,so make sure you lay on your back for at least 24 hours following this messup. I just don't see how they could have forgotten this step as IMPORTANT as it is.John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10_
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Oh No
    Vinny,
    I can not believe this with all the crap you went thru with the migraines and all. Now its all over again.I just can't believe that the god,I mean Dr. made that mistake. You have no choice in this matter,so make sure you lay on your back for at least 24 hours following this messup. I just don't see how they could have forgotten this step as IMPORTANT as it is.John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10_

WOW!!
    Geez Vinny..un-frickin-real!!!! I'm tellin you...you sure wouldn't want me going with you to your next appointment with that doctor!!! This really pi$$es me off. Just when you are back to work and thinking you can get on with life and then to get slammed with this news!!!! Ok..I'm not going to say anymore, except...I'm soooo sorry, my heart truely hurts for you and I'll be putting you at the top of my prayer list. Of course it goes without saying that I'll continue to think only positive thoughts also. Awww man..this is such a bummer. Love...Sue
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    What is intrathecal chemotherapy?
    Sorry, Vinny to hear about the weird setback but what is intrathecal chemotherapy? I thought you are done with treatment?

All the best,
    Liz
  • vinny59

What is intrathecal chemotherapy?
    Sorry, Vinny to hear about the weird setback but what is intrathecal chemotherapy? I thought you are done with treatment?

All the best,
    Liz

procedure
    Liz what they do is... do the lumbar puncture, while the needle is in, my Onc. dispenses in heavy dose of Chemo in the spinal fluid, it then "kills" any cancer cells that may be lurking in the spinal fluid. These types of cells don't always show up in a PET Scan........ Vinny
  • vinny59
    COBRA666 said:

Oh No
    Vinny,

oh no
    Crazy John, my Onc. said that she just recieved the letter from the Univ. of Penn. three weeks after the last lumbar puncture! I'm at a lost for words, I guess that its better to be safe then sorry, I really don't want to do it!!!! hahahahaha
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    So sorry Vinny. I am confused. Wasn't this discussed with you prior to the LP? If not then why would that be? Mary
  • vinny59
    allmost60 said:

WOW!!
    Geez Vinny..un-frickin-real!!!! I'm tellin you...you sure wouldn't want me going with you to your next appointment with that doctor!!! This really pi$$es me off. Just when you are back to work and thinking you can get on with life and then to get slammed with this news!!!! Ok..I'm not going to say anymore, except...I'm soooo sorry, my heart truely hurts for you and I'll be putting you at the top of my prayer list. Of course it goes without saying that I'll continue to think only positive thoughts also. Awww man..this is such a bummer. Love...Sue

wow
    You sound like my wife Sue! hahahahaha It's not the worst thing that could have happened. Like I tell everyone, got to just DO IT! Hope you are making out well!!!!! Vinny
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    vinny59 said:

procedure
    Liz what they do is... do the lumbar puncture, while the needle is in, my Onc. dispenses in heavy dose of Chemo in the spinal fluid, it then "kills" any cancer cells that may be lurking in the spinal fluid. These types of cells don't always show up in a PET Scan........ Vinny

Oh my god! Something to follow up for my doctor
    Wow - my initial report shows that I have cancer here and there and at the tail bone area. Good grief! I will have to ask the onc about this next Tuesday - thank you for explaining this procedure. I will receive results of my scans from yesterday. You are right - always something to deal with!! On the positive side, we have each other to lean on!

Liz
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Ugh!
    Vinny,

Well, I'm glad you're back at work. How is that going for you?

But... concerning the phone call and the screw up with your lumbar puncture, well my God. It just leaves me speechless. I mean we are not talking about forgetting to weigh you or something dumb. This is a HUGE stupid mistake. Oh it makes me so mad that this has happened to you. Well, thank goodness for your sense of humor and grace. You can do this (of course). I just hate what we all have to go through and then to have to do this twice...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, as always. Let us know when you get rescheduled.

Donna
  • vinny59
    onlytoday said:

Ugh!
    Vinny,

Well, I'm glad you're back at work. How is that going for you?

But... concerning the phone call and the screw up with your lumbar puncture, well my God. It just leaves me speechless. I mean we are not talking about forgetting to weigh you or something dumb. This is a HUGE stupid mistake. Oh it makes me so mad that this has happened to you. Well, thank goodness for your sense of humor and grace. You can do this (of course). I just hate what we all have to go through and then to have to do this twice...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, as always. Let us know when you get rescheduled.

Donna

mary and donna
    Mary that was my point exactly!!! Univ. of Penn suggested it, then they send a letter saying it should be done! Donna you are right, I have to have a sense of humor, better to be happy then sad! I will let you guys know........
  • vinny59

Oh my god! Something to follow up for my doctor
    Wow - my initial report shows that I have cancer here and there and at the tail bone area. Good grief! I will have to ask the onc about this next Tuesday - thank you for explaining this procedure. I will receive results of my scans from yesterday. You are right - always something to deal with!! On the positive side, we have each other to lean on!

Liz

liz
    Having a great support group really does help! Thanks Liz
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    vinny59 said:

mary and donna
    Mary that was my point exactly!!! Univ. of Penn suggested it, then they send a letter saying it should be done! Donna you are right, I have to have a sense of humor, better to be happy then sad! I will let you guys know........

Wow!!
    This leaves me speechless(and that's saying a lot). But at least somebody realized that you didn't get it. I know what intrathecal is but don't know much about it as far as side effects etc. Has anyone talked with you about that? What to expect? I would be interested to know. As always good luck and keep us posted. Mary
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

mary and donna

Positive outlook
    Vinny,
    Just another bump in the road as we say,huh? In this game those bumps can really throw us off.If anybody can keep a positive outlook it is you. Remember the ducks treading water on the pond? I am sure it pertains here too. I know it would be with me. You will do fine,but as Mary was saying just check on any side effects so you will know what to expect. Good thoughts. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

mary and donna

Positive outlook
    Vinny,
    Just another bump in the road as we say,huh? In this game those bumps can really throw us off.If anybody can keep a positive outlook it is you. Remember the ducks treading water on the pond? I am sure it pertains here too. I know it would be with me. You will do fine,but as Mary was saying just check on any side effects so you will know what to expect. Good thoughts. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

mary and donna

Positive outlook
    Vinny,
  • COBRA666
    vinny59 said:

mary and donna

Positive outlook
    Vinny,
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Positive outlook
    Vinny,

Duplicating again????
    What the heck?????
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Positive outlook
    Vinny,

Duplicating again????
    What the heck?????
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Positive outlook
    Vinny,

Duplicating again????
    What the heck?????
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 said:

Positive outlook
    Vinny,

Duplicating again????
    What the heck?????