Thanks Kathi! I found you all!

rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Long-Term Survivors #1
Have I really made it to the long time survivor board???? can't believe my good fortune :-) not only to make it here but to see you all here once again has made my day!!! I have missed you all so much.. but never doubt that you have been in my heart! I hope all of my pink sisters here have a beautiful christmas and all the love luck and happiness the new year holds. love you all!!!
hugs, jackie

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    :)
    Welcome, and congratulations!

I am not a pink sister. I am, rather, Kathi's evil twin, the fraternal twin, I should add :), but glad to have you aboard nonetheless.

I look forward to your contributions to this board. Me, I just found out from OncoMan that I am all clear for at least another six months, five years out of head/neck cancer, and nearly (as he reminded us) three years out of lung cancer.

Quite a remarkable job by my docs and my caregivers, to be honest, who did all of the heavy lifting, but I know that if you are here, jackie, you've had a bit to do with it yourself.

Take care,

Joe
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

I am not a pink sister. I am, rather, Kathi's evil twin, the fraternal twin, I should add :), but glad to have you aboard nonetheless.

I look forward to your contributions to this board. Me, I just found out from OncoMan that I am all clear for at least another six months, five years out of head/neck cancer, and nearly (as he reminded us) three years out of lung cancer.

Quite a remarkable job by my docs and my caregivers, to be honest, who did all of the heavy lifting, but I know that if you are here, jackie, you've had a bit to do with it yourself.

Take care,

Joe

Joe, I am not a long term survivor (YET)
    but I come here for inspiration; what wonderful news you shared! Keep on doing what you are doing!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Take care,

Joe

glad to meet you Joe
    i have lots of room for brothers too! and it sounds like you are one amazing survivor! I lost my mom at a young age to lung cancer.it amazes me how far they have come with treatments now. It is nice to get on this board and talk with people who truley understand our trials and turmoils. I admire each and everyone here.
    I am a year and a half out of treatments for stage 3 breast cancer. Happy to say I am still NED. thats pretty amazing to me!
    Kathi's twin huh??? bet your just as remarkable as she is!

hugs, Jackie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hi Jackie! Glad you are
    Hi Jackie! Glad you are back!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Take care,

Joe

You know I'm dancing for you, bro!!!!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Cool cool cool!!!!
    Glad you checked in, Jackie...

This board has a bit different flavor...long-termers from all cancers...but, surprisingly some common challenges...

Hugs, Kathi
  • soccerfreaks
    AnneCan said:

Joe, I am not a long term survivor (YET)
    but I come here for inspiration; what wonderful news you shared! Keep on doing what you are doing!

Thank you
    I will do my best, I promise you that :).

Take care and keep on keeping on!

Joe
  • soccerfreaks
    KathiM said:

You know I'm dancing for you, bro!!!!
    Hugs, Kathi

Hahahahaha
    Of COURSE I knew that: us twins have that psychic connection :).

Thank you, my friend. Hope that all is well with you.

Take care,

Joe
  • soccerfreaks
    rjjj said:

glad to meet you Joe
    i have lots of room for brothers too! and it sounds like you are one amazing survivor! I lost my mom at a young age to lung cancer.it amazes me how far they have come with treatments now. It is nice to get on this board and talk with people who truley understand our trials and turmoils. I admire each and everyone here.
    I am a year and a half out of treatments for stage 3 breast cancer. Happy to say I am still NED. thats pretty amazing to me!
    Kathi's twin huh??? bet your just as remarkable as she is!

hugs, Jackie

My pleasure
    Jackie, the pleasure is mine. Congrats on the NED!

As for remarkable? I am as unremarkable as she is remarkable. She travels the world and lives in one of my favorite countries (I have a number of jerseys of "L'Orange", the Netherlands national team), while also being intelligent and lovely, while I sit in my dungeon computing in the nude 24/7... on a leather chair, no less! Sigh.

Take care,

Joe
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    KathiM said:

Cool cool cool!!!!
    Glad you checked in, Jackie...

This board has a bit different flavor...long-termers from all cancers...but, surprisingly some common challenges...

Hugs, Kathi

Hi Jackie
    I am glad to see you. Hoping your hands are doing well and under control.
    Hugs
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

Take care,

Joe

Heartfelt congratulations to you, Joe!
    You & other "multiple cancers" survivors truly inspire me. So glad you got good news from your onc doctor. May it always be so.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Hi, dear Jackie! :-)
  • soccerfreaks

Heartfelt congratulations to you, Joe!
    You & other "multiple cancers" survivors truly inspire me. So glad you got good news from your onc doctor. May it always be so.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Hi, dear Jackie! :-)

Thank you for the kind words, Susan.

Take care,

Joe