Surgery Date is set

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I now have a surgery date. It will be December 20th, (Guess who'll be missing Christmas at home?).
Winter Marie

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Marie:
    You will be missing Christmas at home but look at this another way, it is the very best Christmas gift you could ever receive.

Wishing you the very, very best outcome as you prepare physically and mentally for your upcoming surgery.

Take care - Tina
  • herdizziness
    geotina said:

Marie:
    You will be missing Christmas at home but look at this another way, it is the very best Christmas gift you could ever receive.

Wishing you the very, very best outcome as you prepare physically and mentally for your upcoming surgery.

Take care - Tina

Thanks Tina
    Oh, actually we usually spend Christmas in Ohio, this will be my first Christmas not being with my daughter and my grandchildren, and my husband's folks. I've never celebrated a Christmas in California before. This will be my first. (My daughter always fixes Christmas dinner and goodies at her house, I would have to have done that here) And I very OKAY with that, even in a hospital room. I've been thinking about the good parts of this, one being I don't have to make Christmas dinner, LOL, and I certainly won't be putting on my usual holiday weight gain (my daughter makes the best ever pumpkin roll) and most of all, I won't be freezing my arse off in that cold Ohio weather!!!! LMAO.
    I just hate to think of my husband sitting at home alone by himself on Christmas Day. What a bummer for him.
    But mostly I'm being selfish, and I'm perfectly okay being selfish, I glad it's here, and I really honestly don't care about the timing, I'm HAPPY to get those tumors OUT OF MY BODY!!!! So truly this will be a very Merry Christmas for me, waking up to tumors being gone, now, that thought brings pure joy to my heart!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Glad
    Winter Marie,

I am happy for you to have the date set. Christmas 2011 will be that much more special for you.
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

Thanks Tina
    Oh, actually we usually spend Christmas in Ohio, this will be my first Christmas not being with my daughter and my grandchildren, and my husband's folks. I've never celebrated a Christmas in California before. This will be my first. (My daughter always fixes Christmas dinner and goodies at her house, I would have to have done that here) And I very OKAY with that, even in a hospital room. I've been thinking about the good parts of this, one being I don't have to make Christmas dinner, LOL, and I certainly won't be putting on my usual holiday weight gain (my daughter makes the best ever pumpkin roll) and most of all, I won't be freezing my arse off in that cold Ohio weather!!!! LMAO.
    I just hate to think of my husband sitting at home alone by himself on Christmas Day. What a bummer for him.
    But mostly I'm being selfish, and I'm perfectly okay being selfish, I glad it's here, and I really honestly don't care about the timing, I'm HAPPY to get those tumors OUT OF MY BODY!!!! So truly this will be a very Merry Christmas for me, waking up to tumors being gone, now, that thought brings pure joy to my heart!!!!
    Winter Marie

Good
    thoughts and wishes to you.

michelle
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807

Thanks Tina
    Winter Marie

Glad you have a date, and I
    Glad you have a date, and I am from OHio and it is freezing here right now!!!
    Hugs,
    Kathy
  • OGammy01
    OGammy01 Member Posts: 67
    Surgery
    Oh Winter Marie, I'm so happy for you! I know you have been longing to have this surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hug,
    Diane
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Marie
    So sorry to hear that you will be in hospital for Christmas. At least by that day you should be well on the road to recovery. Who knows, Santa may show up to dance you down the halls!

Traditions are a wonderful thing and I am sure that you and your family will be able to carry on with it again in 2011.

As for the food you will be missing, tell daughter to make up a care package for you and send it on out! I have heard of folks sending entire Thanksgiving meals via UPS.

As far as hubby is concerned, tell him to get a Santa suit and come visit.

Prayers for all good results and a speedy recovery.

The other Marie
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    No more cancer...just in
    No more cancer...just in time for Christmas! Whhooo-hooo!!

-Sheri
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Holidays in the Hospital
    Just have the hubby come up in the evening and you can just have a little hospital dinner and watch some TV...and you can have company.

I remember being in the hospital 2 days after Chrismtas and spending New Year's in the hospital, but like you say, I had an operation that needed to get done and it was hard to sit around and enjoy it when you knew what was coming.

I'm so glad you have your date set now - you've come a long way, baby:)

-Craig
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    yay

Although it sucks that you will be in the hospital on Christmas, I know you are happy to have that surgery date! Definitely have your husband come to the hospital to spend the day with you, they probably will have special treats. I'm sure he will be glad to have those tumors out of your body as well!
    mary
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    Christmas
    Tina right its a gift you wanted. When I was a cop I missed many Christmas with my family but I never felt alone on those slow snowy nights! I just looked at the snow and thought of Christmas past and the ones yet to come! Merry Christmas hugs Lou
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    LOUSWIFT said:

Christmas
    Tina right its a gift you wanted. When I was a cop I missed many Christmas with my family but I never felt alone on those slow snowy nights! I just looked at the snow and thought of Christmas past and the ones yet to come! Merry Christmas hugs Lou

Winter Marie
    I am so glad you got a date......just get that cancer out of there girl.....yayyyyy

mags
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    maglets said:

Winter Marie
    I am so glad you got a date......just get that cancer out of there girl.....yayyyyy

mags

Marie!!!! you are great, you have achieved congrats!
    You are an example of tenacity for all of us! You deserve it!
    Again ,congratulations!
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yay Winter Marie
    I am so glad that you got your date! Christmas in the hospital? What a wonder gift to be able to get your surgery now. Start the new year fresh with it behind you. I will be wishing for you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. HUGS
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    Best wishes to you
    Marie, Glad you have a date for the surgery. I will be praying for you with smooth surgery and speedy recovery. Best wishes to you. - Lucy
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Great news
    What great news that your surgery is scheduled. Maybe celebrate Christas early this year? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Amy
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    newperson said:

Best wishes to you
    Marie, Glad you have a date for the surgery. I will be praying for you with smooth surgery and speedy recovery. Best wishes to you. - Lucy

Hey Dizz!!!!
    YAY!!!! Got your surgery set up. I am so excited for you. How long are you expected to be in hospital? Will you PM me your phone number? I would like to call you over the holidays if thats ok with you. Take care.

Jennie
  • herdizziness

Hey Dizz!!!!
    YAY!!!! Got your surgery set up. I am so excited for you. How long are you expected to be in hospital? Will you PM me your phone number? I would like to call you over the holidays if thats ok with you. Take care.

Jennie

would Love a call
    Phone number is sent. Please, we're friends, of course you can have my number!!!
    I'm told 7 days, on the 17th I meet with the main surgeon and should know more, anywhere from 5 to 10 days I understand. Glad you're home.
    Winter Marie
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    It's great to have a date.
    It's great to have a date. Now it's real and it is on!!

I don't think your husband will be alone. He'll be with you.

Kim and I spent Christmas in the hospital 7 years ago when our daughter Grace was born on Christmas eve. I know it's not the same, but you will have a wonderful Christmas adventure story to tell for years and years.

The Winter Solstice is the 21st. I'll be celebrating with a big fire and sending lots of sparks to you.
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    Crow71 said:

It's great to have a date.
    It's great to have a date. Now it's real and it is on!!

I don't think your husband will be alone. He'll be with you.

Kim and I spent Christmas in the hospital 7 years ago when our daughter Grace was born on Christmas eve. I know it's not the same, but you will have a wonderful Christmas adventure story to tell for years and years.

The Winter Solstice is the 21st. I'll be celebrating with a big fire and sending lots of sparks to you.

Merry Christmas indeed
    Winter Marie,

I'm so happy you got the date for surgery. Keep up your positive outlook, it will serve you well. What a great Christmas gift, no more tumors, it just doesn't get any better. Will be praying for you and your medical team.

Don