Ct scan results

fuzzytrouble
fuzzytrouble Member Posts: 212
Hello again, I called the doc's this morning to get the results of my recent ct scan and to my big, big surprise it came back good. I am so confused because the doc told me that the dye from the ct scan would pick up any tumors. Well it didn't show any in the pelvic area so the biopsy I got the other day is wrong???????????
My lung nodules are stable and nothing else is new, no fluid no nothing so my question is to all of my sister's out there is....have any biopsy's been wrong for you? I was told that biopsy's are hardly even off. I have to wait until the 1st of Dec. to see the doc to discuss all of it. I am going to have a great Thanksgiving though because the rest of the scan is all good as far as I heard.
Hugs from Oregon

Comments

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Biopsy inconsistent with biopsy
    As far as I know the only way a biopsy could be wrong is if they didn't perform the test or reading correctly or they put someone else's test results in your record. It doesn't make sense that your results are inconsistent...CT to biopsy. I would call you doctor's office back and find out why the results are inconsistent. The scan is good which is wonderful news!!! Enjoy your thanksgiving!
    Lori
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980

Biopsy inconsistent with biopsy
    As far as I know the only way a biopsy could be wrong is if they didn't perform the test or reading correctly or they put someone else's test results in your record. It doesn't make sense that your results are inconsistent...CT to biopsy. I would call you doctor's office back and find out why the results are inconsistent. The scan is good which is wonderful news!!! Enjoy your thanksgiving!
    Lori

What a roller coaster but at least it's a HIGH for Thanksgiving!
    My oncologist told me that if you have a clear CT/PET, to BELIEVE in it, because false positives can happen on a scan (with tumors smaller than 1 cm) but false NEGATIVES almost never happen. So I'd let myself be happy happy until I heard something else to bring me back down to earth. & regardless of the confusion on the vaginal cuff, how WONDERFUL that there is no other disease progression! I'm so HAPPY for you!
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Not unusual
    Hello Fuzzy:

Happy to hear of the good CT scan result. With biopsies, it is possible that the sample that they took was the only part of the cancer found.

In October of 2009, I had a positive biopsy. I then had a CT Scan, a PET/CAT Scan and an MRI, and all three were negative! My one doctor wanted to start me on chemo right away, then surgery, more chemo, prob. radiation, etc., then was told they couldn't operate and just wanted to do radiation/chemo mix. I went and got a second opinion. New doctor said they could do surgery. Surgery done in February of 2010. All things were negative. No treatment needed. Although one small lymph node removed came back with microscopic cells, but since they removed it, I am just on "watch" I have had two PET Scan since then and all has been well and will see doc every six months.

So I say have a great Thanksgiving! Think positive thoughts.

(((Hugs))) and Smiles!

Kathy
  • Always Hopeful
    Always Hopeful Member Posts: 234
    Fuzzy Trouble from Oregon
    Wow! Take this as a blessing and enjoy your Thanksgiving. Hopefully, all is truly well!

Peace and hope, JJ
  • fuzzytrouble
    Thank you all
    I am very high on the good ct scan and just confused at the biopsy results, I will see the doc on the 1st of Dec. so I will let you all know what he tells me. Wouldn't that be nice if he took all the bad stuff out with doing the biopsy? : )
    I am dong great and feeling great so I am not going to be freaked out about anything now. I know it will come back so I was somewhat ready for the next shoe to drop.
    I hope you all are having a good day today.
    Hugs from Oregon
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member

Thank you all
    I am very high on the good ct scan and just confused at the biopsy results, I will see the doc on the 1st of Dec. so I will let you all know what he tells me. Wouldn't that be nice if he took all the bad stuff out with doing the biopsy? : )
    I am dong great and feeling great so I am not going to be freaked out about anything now. I know it will come back so I was somewhat ready for the next shoe to drop.
    I hope you all are having a good day today.
    Hugs from Oregon

Sharon, glad to hear the CT scan was good
    It was so good to read your post. I am hoping the "next shoe does not drop". Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Love your new picture, your granddaughter looks so cute. In peace and caring.
  • fuzzytrouble
    Ro10 said:

Sharon, glad to hear the CT scan was good
    It was so good to read your post. I am hoping the "next shoe does not drop". Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Love your new picture, your granddaughter looks so cute. In peace and caring.

ct scan
    Thank you Ro, that was a picture of us when they came out to Oregon to celebrate my 60th birthday that was in Sept. We had a great time all around.
    Hugs from Sharon