nanaof7 Member Posts: 127
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I have been trying to contact you cant find email or messaging are you OK

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Hi!
    Hi, Nana,
    I'm right here, I'm fine! I'll message you.
    stayingcalm

Edit - the messaging is on the home page in the blue Connect & Communicate column, under CSN Email. You'll get a big green message next time you log in, to let you know you have a message from me ;-)
  • partsouthern
    partsouthern Member Posts: 12

Hi!
    Hi, Nana,
    stayingcalm

Edit - the messaging is on the home page in the blue Connect & Communicate column, under CSN Email. You'll get a big green message next time you log in, to let you know you have a message from me ;-)

why were you removed from other site?
    what happened. Did you do something wrong or report the wrong person?
  • stayingcalm

why were you removed from other site?
    what happened. Did you do something wrong or report the wrong person?

That depends on who you talk to ;-)
    Partsouthern,

As far as I'm concerned, I did nothing wrong except for my inability to keep my mouth shut when people posted about quack remedies. There were a few constant posters on the other site that regularly championed Rife machines, Budwig diets, Laetrile, and other things that have misinformed pseudo-science behind them. I offended them by posting refutations and links to the real science proving these and other things wrong and often dangerous, and, well, I got thrown off. What that says about the site concerned is not good :-(

stayingcalm
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member

That depends on who you talk to ;-)
    Partsouthern,

As far as I'm concerned, I did nothing wrong except for my inability to keep my mouth shut when people posted about quack remedies. There were a few constant posters on the other site that regularly championed Rife machines, Budwig diets, Laetrile, and other things that have misinformed pseudo-science behind them. I offended them by posting refutations and links to the real science proving these and other things wrong and often dangerous, and, well, I got thrown off. What that says about the site concerned is not good :-(

stayingcalm

Keep up the education
    People come to these sites for two main reasons...
    1. to get and give support
    2. to gain knowledge

For the most part, I'm a live and let live person. If people want to try these exotic treatments, that is certainly their choice. However when people post things with very little evidence, then a whole group of newly admitted members to the cancer club (who are very often scared and grasping for hope) cling to those treatments/advice. If nobody refutes it, then many start to believe that maybe there could be somthing to them... without looking at evidence, or lack of evidence.

I want my wife to live a long time. The only way I can do that is with treatments that have a realistic chance of working.

With my mom, and now my wife having cancer (mom-breast, wife-lung) I have received much well-intended "misadvice." I grown tired of hearing how she should reduce her sugar intake because cancer is fed with glycogen, drink acai berry juice, eat grape seeds, seek what imbalance in her life is causing cancer (it's obviously me!), and a bazillion other things.

I've been told that the pharmacy companies have cures to most cancers, but they hide them away so that they can continue to make money on chemos... C'mon, really? So the government.... actually ALL governments are in on that? And science all over the world is covering it up? Here's the simple question I respond with..... Insurance companies are in business to make money too. So I'm too believe that INSERT INSURANCE COMPANY is satisfied paying for my wife's $15,000 PER chemo session, when they could have achieved better results with $149 bottle of grapefruit seeds? ..... Usually I get no response OR the standard... Well the insurance companies are in on it too.

Or the "Friends" that are brazen enough to tell my wife to not do chemo because it kills the body when there are much better rejuvinating treatments out there. They know about the treatments because their sisters ex-boyfriend's mom tried it and her cancer was gone in a week. Wow, there's hard science.

Oops, I'm ranting again... sorry. This was a long lead-up to again thanking you stayingcalm... as well as other on this site, for continuing to provide knowledge. We ALL want our loved ones.... and even a few people that I don't love so much... to live as long, and with as much quality as possible. We can only do this through education.

NayPaul
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    NayPaul said:

Keep up the education
    2. to gain knowledge

For the most part, I'm a live and let live person. If people want to try these exotic treatments, that is certainly their choice. However when people post things with very little evidence, then a whole group of newly admitted members to the cancer club (who are very often scared and grasping for hope) cling to those treatments/advice. If nobody refutes it, then many start to believe that maybe there could be somthing to them... without looking at evidence, or lack of evidence.

I want my wife to live a long time. The only way I can do that is with treatments that have a realistic chance of working.

With my mom, and now my wife having cancer (mom-breast, wife-lung) I have received much well-intended "misadvice." I grown tired of hearing how she should reduce her sugar intake because cancer is fed with glycogen, drink acai berry juice, eat grape seeds, seek what imbalance in her life is causing cancer (it's obviously me!), and a bazillion other things.

I've been told that the pharmacy companies have cures to most cancers, but they hide them away so that they can continue to make money on chemos... C'mon, really? So the government.... actually ALL governments are in on that? And science all over the world is covering it up? Here's the simple question I respond with..... Insurance companies are in business to make money too. So I'm too believe that INSERT INSURANCE COMPANY is satisfied paying for my wife's $15,000 PER chemo session, when they could have achieved better results with $149 bottle of grapefruit seeds? ..... Usually I get no response OR the standard... Well the insurance companies are in on it too.

Or the "Friends" that are brazen enough to tell my wife to not do chemo because it kills the body when there are much better rejuvinating treatments out there. They know about the treatments because their sisters ex-boyfriend's mom tried it and her cancer was gone in a week. Wow, there's hard science.

Oops, I'm ranting again... sorry. This was a long lead-up to again thanking you stayingcalm... as well as other on this site, for continuing to provide knowledge. We ALL want our loved ones.... and even a few people that I don't love so much... to live as long, and with as much quality as possible. We can only do this through education.

NayPaul

You go NayPaul and
    You go NayPaul and stayingcalm. 100% agreement. Not that I always trust the government, but todays treatments are the best we have right now. Not to say that in the future there won't be something better. I certainly pray that the medical field will find a treatment with no side effects that isn't damaging to any other parts of the body, and is as easy to take as some of these things. I think the other things are important before you get cancer to keep the body strong to fight illness. But once cancer comes along, the traditional treatments are what we have now.

c
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    NayPaul said:

Keep up the education
    2. to gain knowledge

NayPaul

Kudos
    My neighbor, who had lung cancer, discovered that I also had it, and came to me cautioning against chemo because her brother died of pancreatic cancer, in her mind at least in part because of the chemo he was taking. She offered me a gallon of green tea while advising that I NOT take the chemo treatment.

Six months later she was dead. Three years later, I am writing this (I eagerly accepted surgery AND chemotherapy).

Thank you for the well-written exposition, NayPaul. Much appreciated.

Take care,

Joe
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member

Hi!
    Hi, Nana,
    stayingcalm

My Thanks to Stayingcalm
    I would like to thank Stayingcalm for all the research she does! I have not gotten to the point where I can focus long enough to tackle research. Once I start seeing statistics I can't get past them. You do a marvelous job keeping us up to date on the latest happenings concerning LC, and I appreciate the time you spend doing this for all of us.
  • karenbeth
    karenbeth Member Posts: 194
    NayPaul said:

Keep up the education
    2. to gain knowledge

NayPaul

Yes!
    "Or the "Friends" that are brazen enough to tell my wife to not do chemo because it kills the body when there are much better rejuvinating treatments out there. They know about the treatments because their sisters ex-boyfriend's mom tried it and her cancer was gone in a week. "

The above sort of advice comes from my boyfriend's family, and also from a co worker who is a cancer survivor. I haven't yet said anything becauseI don't want to cause him more distress by coming between him and his family, but if I have to one day, I will. I have nothing against trying alternative methods as a complement to traditional tx, but I get so, so upset when people tell us he can cure his cancer with ONLY alternative tx. Would that it were true--then no one would have to go through these painful and debilitating treatments.

Thanks for the dialogue,
    Karen
  • stayingcalm
    catcon49 said:

You go NayPaul and
    You go NayPaul and stayingcalm. 100% agreement. Not that I always trust the government, but todays treatments are the best we have right now. Not to say that in the future there won't be something better. I certainly pray that the medical field will find a treatment with no side effects that isn't damaging to any other parts of the body, and is as easy to take as some of these things. I think the other things are important before you get cancer to keep the body strong to fight illness. But once cancer comes along, the traditional treatments are what we have now.

c

My thanks
    Thanks, guys, and I have to agree with soccerfreaks (not that that's any chore at all!) that NayPaul put it out there very well! Plus, I think he's nicer about it than I am ;-)
    Deb
  • stayingcalm
    mamacita5 said:

My Thanks to Stayingcalm
    I would like to thank Stayingcalm for all the research she does! I have not gotten to the point where I can focus long enough to tackle research. Once I start seeing statistics I can't get past them. You do a marvelous job keeping us up to date on the latest happenings concerning LC, and I appreciate the time you spend doing this for all of us.

Thanks, Mamacita
    There is a woman who posts on Inspire and CancerGrace who really does a tremendous amount of research into new trials and upcoming new meds - I'm only a fair hand at Google =)
    I do have a folder in my bookmarks spilling over with links to cancer information and I just put four of the most basic links on my rap sheet/profile page; I'll put them here, too:

►Chemotherapy drugs a - z and beyond: Chemocare
    ►Top hospitals for cancer: US News and World Report list
    ►Cancer acronyms and abbreviations: Lung Cancer Online
    ►Clinical trials search: Official government site

These cover some of the basic things people want to know about - the Chemocare site is great if you're wondering if something you are experiencing is a known side effect, and being able to browse clinical trials close to where you live is obviously a plus. You might have these already or you might have some favorite research links of your own - please share ;-)

Deb
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Thanks, Mamacita
    There is a woman who posts on Inspire and CancerGrace who really does a tremendous amount of research into new trials and upcoming new meds - I'm only a fair hand at Google =)
    I do have a folder in my bookmarks spilling over with links to cancer information and I just put four of the most basic links on my rap sheet/profile page; I'll put them here, too:

►Chemotherapy drugs a - z and beyond: Chemocare
    ►Top hospitals for cancer: US News and World Report list
    ►Cancer acronyms and abbreviations: Lung Cancer Online
    ►Clinical trials search: Official government site

These cover some of the basic things people want to know about - the Chemocare site is great if you're wondering if something you are experiencing is a known side effect, and being able to browse clinical trials close to where you live is obviously a plus. You might have these already or you might have some favorite research links of your own - please share ;-)

Deb

Thanks for the links

Thanks for the links
  • Greggriggs
    Greggriggs Member Posts: 132

Hi!
    Hi, Nana,
    stayingcalm

Missed You over there
    Hi Deb
    Hope everything is good .
    Have a happy thanksgiven Day.
    Can ya say thanksgiven with out getting in trouble???
    Greg
  • stayingcalm

Missed You over there
    Hi Deb
    Hope everything is good .
    Have a happy thanksgiven Day.
    Can ya say thanksgiven with out getting in trouble???
    Greg

;-)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Greg!
    Deb