waiting

estes326
estes326 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
i have non smll cell lung cancer. start chemo and rad. in two weeks. chemo is three mondays in a row. the radiation is twice a day for two weeks. is this odd?

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    It's not usual, but
    Hi, Estes,
    It's not the usual treatment, but then, none of us are usual, either! I know that more than a few people on Inspire had twice daily radiation - here's a thread about it. It's a closed thread, so you can't reply on it, but if nobody here can help you might want to register and ask there.
    Take care,
    stayingcalm
  • pkaz53
    pkaz53 Member Posts: 84

It's not usual, but
    Hi, Estes,
    It's not the usual treatment, but then, none of us are usual, either! I know that more than a few people on Inspire had twice daily radiation - here's a thread about it. It's a closed thread, so you can't reply on it, but if nobody here can help you might want to register and ask there.
    Take care,
    stayingcalm

Hi, Estes,
    I did chemo 4

Hi, Estes,
    I did chemo 4 rounds( cisplatin & etoposide ) and radiation twice a day 30 treatments for sclc.
    It was tough, take in as much nourishment as you can I was burning up and developed stage level 3 esophogaitis couldn't eat or swallow and started dehydrating lost about 40 lbs.
    You have to push yourself through it, stay focused and be strong.
    I wish you the very best, all my hopes and prayers are with you, Paul.
  • cards7up
    cards7up Member Posts: 8
    Treatment?
    You're having only 3 chemo treatments? Normal would be 4. The radiation sounds like it could be right, depending on what they're radiating. Can you provide more info, what type and stage and where it's located? Good luck and take care, Judy
  • estes326
    cards7up said:

Treatment?
    You're having only 3 chemo treatments? Normal would be 4. The radiation sounds like it could be right, depending on what they're radiating. Can you provide more info, what type and stage and where it's located? Good luck and take care, Judy

teatment
    im in stage two. the treatment is on my left lung in the upper bronch lobe. i will be going to cleve. clinic for all this. the cancer is squomous cell. dont count on my spelling. im just a mill grunt.
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    All is different
    As much as I have been on this site since my dx June of this year, I have not seen one case treated the same as mine, similar but not exact. The reason is the combination of docs, hospital protcal, etc....I would guess

I have nsclc,stage IIIb adenocarcinoma, one large tumor in right upper lobe, 5/6 lymph nodes in chest.

Completed 35 daily radiations to front chest and related back area. Also just completed 22 weeks of weekly chemo for about 4 hrs each session, Carboplatin and Taxol. They boosted my carbo 20% after last scan because I have responded to it well, with minimal side effects.

Waiting for final PET scan of this 1st-line treatment...earlier scans showed lymph nodes stable-not larger, but not smaller, main tumor shrunk 60% to egg size. I am excited to see what this latest pet scan will show.

Best wishes

Dave
  • estes326
    Dapsterd said:

All is different
    As much as I have been on this site since my dx June of this year, I have not seen one case treated the same as mine, similar but not exact. The reason is the combination of docs, hospital protcal, etc....I would guess

I have nsclc,stage IIIb adenocarcinoma, one large tumor in right upper lobe, 5/6 lymph nodes in chest.

Completed 35 daily radiations to front chest and related back area. Also just completed 22 weeks of weekly chemo for about 4 hrs each session, Carboplatin and Taxol. They boosted my carbo 20% after last scan because I have responded to it well, with minimal side effects.

Waiting for final PET scan of this 1st-line treatment...earlier scans showed lymph nodes stable-not larger, but not smaller, main tumor shrunk 60% to egg size. I am excited to see what this latest pet scan will show.

Best wishes

Dave

dave
    im a 43 year old foootball coach,mill worker. never been scared in my life unless you count the days my daughters were born. now im like a 2nd grade school girl lost at the mall.i go from hating life to being afraid of being alone. i will beat this. but i wonder how much damage it is going to inflit on the people i care about. but hearing from and reading this stuff helps me realize im not alone it sounds like you have had a long road. i figuire it has been rough. you sound positive. ill try to stay positive to. god bless let me know about pet scan
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    estes326 said:

dave
    im a 43 year old foootball coach,mill worker. never been scared in my life unless you count the days my daughters were born. now im like a 2nd grade school girl lost at the mall.i go from hating life to being afraid of being alone. i will beat this. but i wonder how much damage it is going to inflit on the people i care about. but hearing from and reading this stuff helps me realize im not alone it sounds like you have had a long road. i figuire it has been rough. you sound positive. ill try to stay positive to. god bless let me know about pet scan

Keep u posted
    Yes...everything is OK, it was OK and it is OK...this is the atitude we must have.

No matter what the outlook and direction is, we must stand with chin high. Why have our outlook any otherway?

Many times the family grows closer in situtations of distress and uncertainty.

I will keep you all posted on my nov. 22nd scan.

Thanx!
    Dave
  • bluehawaii
    bluehawaii Member Posts: 2
    hello everyone
    Hello, I am new to the sight. I was diagnosed two years ago with lung cancer, my lower left lob was removed, unfortunately they pryed my ribs apart so recovery was a little long. After four chemo treatments I was diagnosed as being in remission 5 months later. I went for my 6 month check up two months ago and it has returned, this time to both lungs. I have to wait another month for them to repeat the pet scan so that the nodules are large enough for the doctor to do a biopsy. Just feeling alone and very stressed and need a support system. My husband of 20 years walked out on me last year, my children are growing up and leaving home, started a new job, it just seems overwhelming at times. In the last three years I have had cancer, kidney failure and a heart attack two weeks ago. It is nice to know that I am not alone
  • missy6953
    missy6953 Member Posts: 14

hello everyone
    Hello, I am new to the sight. I was diagnosed two years ago with lung cancer, my lower left lob was removed, unfortunately they pryed my ribs apart so recovery was a little long. After four chemo treatments I was diagnosed as being in remission 5 months later. I went for my 6 month check up two months ago and it has returned, this time to both lungs. I have to wait another month for them to repeat the pet scan so that the nodules are large enough for the doctor to do a biopsy. Just feeling alone and very stressed and need a support system. My husband of 20 years walked out on me last year, my children are growing up and leaving home, started a new job, it just seems overwhelming at times. In the last three years I have had cancer, kidney failure and a heart attack two weeks ago. It is nice to know that I am not alone

Hi Bluehawaii
    My case is somewhat similar, as far as the cancer is concerned. I know exactly what you mean by "feeling alone". I am at home alone. My boys are both grown - 1 married and the other living with Dad. However, I have gotten kinda used to being alone. I try not to get stressed. It only makes me more tired. I have accepted that I may die soon, so I don't even let that stress me. My family has been very supportive, though, and I love them so much. This forum will help me to express some feelings to those who would know what I am feeling, such as yourself. I am new like you - Welcome!