4 years ago today...

crg123
crg123 Member Posts: 80
edited March 2014 in Long-Term Survivors #1
It was 4 years ago today that I first heard those 3 little words, "You have cancer". Stage III cancer, at that! What a scary thing to happen to a person without symptoms on Halloween! (Routine screening colonoscopy.)
"But how could this be?" I thought. I take care of myself, eat right, don't smoke, exercise, no family history...I was TOTALLY freaked out...I mean I LOST it!
"I can't do this, I though."
Then I stumbled upon the CSN discussion board.
All I can say, is that YOU GUYS got me through some of my darkest days. Thank you for ALL of your help and support!
And to all of you "newbees" out there...There IS life after cancer and chemotherapy.
I just returned last night from a "Gourmet Inclusive" week in Mexico. The week before that, I was celebrating with the "Semicolons" at "ColonPalozza 8" in Fort Worth Texas.
After all is said and done...there IS life after cancer. And in some ways, it is better. It teaches you to stop and smell the roses.
So to the "oldies" out there, I just wanted to say, "Thank you!"
And to "newbees" out there..."There is light at the end of the tunnel...and it is not necessarily a choo-choo train!"
God bless!
Cheryl

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    :)
    Great message! And congratulations!

Take care,

Joe
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Great message! And congratulations!

Take care,

Joe

YEA!!!!! JOE!!!!!
    Long time no see~!~~~~~~!!!!!!!

How are you?????

I'm dancing and dancing!!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    KathiM said:

YEA!!!!! JOE!!!!!
    Long time no see~!~~~~~~!!!!!!!

How are you?????

I'm dancing and dancing!!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi! Great to hear from YOU, and even better to hear that you are DANCING! :)

I am doing well, still NED as far as I know, still blogging here, still answering the occasional discussion board post, although I am beginning to feel like I'm behind the times (:)), and still drop into chat room, still trying to do my part, as I note you are as well.

Judging from your expressions page, you have been pulling a Phineas Fogg (or, more modernly, an Anthony Bourdain?) and travelling the world! Wonderful pics and I'm sure a fantastic experience! Live it, girl! Live it!

Take care, my friend,

Joe
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Congratulations, Cheryl!
    An important milestone - truly hope you celebrate many, many, many more!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: 7+ years since diagnosis for me...