And yet another "side-effect"?

luz del lago
luz del lago Member Posts: 449
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Good morning dear friends,

My hubby recently (about 3 weeks ago), had his last WBR treatment, and has been having 3-4 very loose bowel movements daily, since. He has lost about 10-12 lbs. and now tells me that he really doesn't have an appetite. ( He has always been a good eater). He had gained almost 40lbs. since his diagnosis in April 2010, so the weight loss didn't bother him. It is beginning to concern me. Told the Oncologist last week about this, but she didn't say much in this regard. He will be having his 2 month check-up CT scan this week. Because the cancer has appeared in some of his bones he will also begin getting Zomeda once a month and is now taking a Calcium (with vitamin D) supplement. Could that be causing the loose stools? Or is this yet another side-effect of the radiation? Of course, the fatigue, persists and that seems to be affecting him, mentally, as well as physically. Please share your experiences with this matter. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. You all are my "go to" folks! Don't know what I would do without you all!

Continued blessings for all,

Lucy

Comments

• medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    Hi Lucy!
    It has been my experience that taking medication can wreak havoc on your digestive system. If your Doc does not seem alarmed just keep him (your Hubby not your Doc) hydrated. Dehydration causes fatigue which in turn can cause depression.
    Good Luck!
    Medi
  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    medi_2 said:

Hi Lucy!
    It has been my experience that taking medication can wreak havoc on your digestive system. If your Doc does not seem alarmed just keep him (your Hubby not your Doc) hydrated. Dehydration causes fatigue which in turn can cause depression.
    Good Luck!
    Medi

Thank you, Medi! Showed my
    Thank you, Medi! Showed my love articles and feedback on how important it is to stay hydrated. Made protein shake this morning and he has been drinking H2O all day.
    God bless you,
    Lucy