We're just not sexy

13»

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

LOL Buzz
    Hmmm, come to think of it, my old arse, is still sexy, glad I still have my good looking "bootie".
    Sounds like a cute idea.
    LMAO
    Pepe's going to get to see my 1/3 down slacks, with "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt" hmmm, wait a minute, my butt isn't that big, hmmm, going to have to shorten it to "Cancer is a pain in the ARSE!!!" as he's on my facebook!!!! ROFLMAO
    Winter Marie

LOL
    Hahahahahahaha!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

LOL Buzz
    Hmmm, come to think of it, my old arse, is still sexy, glad I still have my good looking "bootie".
    Sounds like a cute idea.
    LMAO
    Pepe's going to get to see my 1/3 down slacks, with "Rectal and Colon Cancers are Pains in the Butt" hmmm, wait a minute, my butt isn't that big, hmmm, going to have to shorten it to "Cancer is a pain in the ARSE!!!" as he's on my facebook!!!! ROFLMAO
    Winter Marie

Agrgggggghhhh
    ROFLMAO!
  • lizdeli
    lizdeli Member Posts: 569 Member
    Buzzard said:

Great thread Dizz........
    But Brooks...Im not the one thats gonna have a beaded thong run up my arse...but ! I may if it will get some more attention to CRC and rectal cancers........I just think that there are a lot cuter butts than mine out there.......in fact, Im sure of it....LOL.......Buzz

You should see the expressions...
    When people ask what type of cancer I had and I tell them - anal. Their faces cringe up and they stare at me with their mouths open. It is one very embarrasing type of cancer to talk about. There is little support out there for anal cancer, no foundations or fund raisers. Thank God I found these forums! I donate to other cancer causes but lately I started to donate to colon cancer efforts more than others. I've seen what so many of you have gone through and I just can't undertand why people don't realize how important it is to work for a cure for colon cancer. To some degree I understand why there isn't much support for anal cancer, with just about 5,000 cases a year and fortunately a high cure rate in most cases. It's rare and it has quite a stigma. But colon cancer needs a louder voice and I will continue to do my best on your behalf.

Your strength and courage amazes me. Wishing you all well.

Liz
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member

I couldn't agree more
    I even wrote an email to the Activia folks about their ads for donating to breast cancer when you buy their product.

I told them that while a cure for breast cancer was a good thing, that I thought since their product was about good digestive health they might have wanted to consider donating to colorectal cancer research!

Guess maybe we need to put a bow on a butt to make it sexy!

Good topic...glad you started this thread.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

LoveKitties
    Did you get a reply from the Activia folks?

HUGS
    Beth
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    dorookie said:

LoveKitties

HUGS
    Beth

No Reply
    None received and I guess I didn't really expect one, probably drops into some bottomless bucket to be ignored.

I have never been what one would call an 'activist', but there are just some things that push my buttons and I have to write to folks about...lol. I am the one in the family who will return food to the resturant's kitchen if it is not done right, write letters to companies about their advertising (Activia wasn't the first...lol), and write letters about injustices.

I have one I started to the Prez of these United State about our cause, but it is something I am mulling over, trying to get just the right stuff in it. If it gets finished and sent, it will be another that I won't expect a reply to, but if it turns out really good I might just send it as 'an open letter' to the newspaper and see if they will publish it.

Maybe if enough of us send off emails to Activia, they might do something...every little bit helps.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Lovekitties
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Another thought
    Since it is called the underwear affair, how about getting Hanes and Victoria's Secret to sponsor it!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    dorookie said:

LoveKitties

HUGS
    Beth

No Reply
    I haven't gotten a reply back either.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

Underwear affair
    That sounds like a great idea, glad it's getting bigger every year.

Underwear Affair
    We have one here in Toronto as well. My family was going to participate this past summer + we were really torn about it. The money goes to one local hospital for equipment. I was hoping it was going for research. Since it does not go towards research + not to the cancer centre I use, we opted not to do it. I would rather sponsor research +/or the centre that has helped me. It does bring some publicity to these cancers, however. The person I got on the phone to answer questions was really not very knowledgeble - he was vague about even what cancers were being supported. I was really disappointed.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

WRITE ACTIVIA
    I went and also wrote an email to Activia folks, and asked why they couldn't change it to blue and give to research to colon cancer, with the idea of their digestive health that they are claiming.
    I hope many on the board will do the same thing.
    HERE, HERE LoveKitties!!!!!
    That was a great idea.
    Winter Marie

Yogurt
    I saw a tv ad a couple of weeks ago with Jamie Lee Curtis. I am not sure what brand of yogurt it was. They were donating money to breast cancer.
  • Lovekitties
    AnneCan said:

Yogurt
    I saw a tv ad a couple of weeks ago with Jamie Lee Curtis. I am not sure what brand of yogurt it was. They were donating money to breast cancer.

That was Activia

That was Activia
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    You're right... we're no way sexy enough to be popular
    I mean no harm, but WHY does breast cancer get all the attention? Because boobs are popular. Everything is pink. I was in a shopping center today with my kids and just roaming the kitchen gadgets and everything was freaking pink!!

Why can't things be blue? Why are butts not attractive to the general population? I will always wonder why colon cancer, being the second leading killer of all cancers still doesn't get the attention it deserves. :(

I did a Mr. Hanky christmas ornament today and thought of you. Only here I could say that and someone not be offended by a plastic piece of poop. :)

Love and hugs

Holly
  • herdizziness
    HollyID said:

You're right... we're no way sexy enough to be popular
    I mean no harm, but WHY does breast cancer get all the attention? Because boobs are popular. Everything is pink. I was in a shopping center today with my kids and just roaming the kitchen gadgets and everything was freaking pink!!

Why can't things be blue? Why are butts not attractive to the general population? I will always wonder why colon cancer, being the second leading killer of all cancers still doesn't get the attention it deserves. :(

I did a Mr. Hanky christmas ornament today and thought of you. Only here I could say that and someone not be offended by a plastic piece of poop. :)

Love and hugs

Holly

OMG ROFLMAO

I'm am laughing soooo hard, my sides hurt!!!!

But yes, I was in Safeway, they have PINK Balloons, PINK crepe paper, Pink Cupcakes, it's for the WHOLE MONTH of October, Our city council was out there bagging groceries for the go pink. So that does it, I'm going to City Council at their first meeting in November and asking for a Declaration announcing Colon Cancer Day (cause I'm sure I'm not going to get a month, although I'll try) get us colon sweeties some love and attention, and maybe some research money!!!!!!
    Luvs,
    Winter Marie
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    PhillieG said:

You'd Think
    that a country as obsessed with T's & A's as we are that it would get more attention.
    It's probably because poop comes out of "there"

Here's a slogan...
    "Fight Colon Cancer - The **** You Save Could Be Your Own"

Phil
    I saw one on facebook today that said:
    I like the word RECTUM more than I like the word FUNERAL ... promote colon cancer awareness. Get Checked.
  • Lovekitties

OMG ROFLMAO

But yes, I was in Safeway, they have PINK Balloons, PINK crepe paper, Pink Cupcakes, it's for the WHOLE MONTH of October, Our city council was out there bagging groceries for the go pink. So that does it, I'm going to City Council at their first meeting in November and asking for a Declaration announcing Colon Cancer Day (cause I'm sure I'm not going to get a month, although I'll try) get us colon sweeties some love and attention, and maybe some research money!!!!!!
    Luvs,
    Winter Marie

Colon Cancer Month is March
    Go for a whole month! They have time to get something put together.
  • Left Coaster
    Left Coaster Member Posts: 25

Underwear affair
    That sounds like a great idea, glad it's getting bigger every year.

Kiss my ****
    Hey Winter I participated in the Underwear Affair two years ago her in L.A. Wow was it sexy! I have pics to prove it. In any case, cancer below the belt, or Kiss my ****, something short and to the point. **** is in the dictionary and is not banned by the FCC. I totally agree with your sentiment and always support colorectal cancer research when I have the opportunity. I am hoping that Underwear Affair will return next year. They were not able to do it this year as the economy sucks.

Thanks for your passion and attention to bringing it up. Your ideas are a great start to something bigger!
  • herdizziness

Kiss my ****
    Hey Winter I participated in the Underwear Affair two years ago her in L.A. Wow was it sexy! I have pics to prove it. In any case, cancer below the belt, or Kiss my ****, something short and to the point. **** is in the dictionary and is not banned by the FCC. I totally agree with your sentiment and always support colorectal cancer research when I have the opportunity. I am hoping that Underwear Affair will return next year. They were not able to do it this year as the economy sucks.

Thanks for your passion and attention to bringing it up. Your ideas are a great start to something bigger!

Thanks
    Thanks Left, I think together we can accomplish anything!!!!
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member

OMG ROFLMAO

Luvs,
    Winter Marie

Ya Ive noticed the same.
    Ya Ive noticed the same. Even the NFL big on it. Players with pink shoes on ect.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Kenny H. said:

Ya Ive noticed the same.
    Ya Ive noticed the same. Even the NFL big on it. Players with pink shoes on ect.

Ever notice the # of posts on Breast cancer vs CRC threads
    Breast Cancer Posts---173,000
    Colorectal Posts------145,000
    Next closest is about 45,000

Now why is it not getting the notice that breast cancer is. Because, its not TV friendly, its not eye catching, there is not a lot of asthetic atmosphere as there is with a breast cancer commercial or advertisement, or maybe its simply that no one group has taken it upon themselves to push for more CRC research as Breast Cancer patients have. We most certainly do not want to take anything away from our breast cancer breathren, but we certainly need to share the spotlight that it seems to get. Cancer is cancer and whether its breast, liver, pancreatic, colorectal, or the many different types, they are all just as scary and deadly as the next, but we need to assure that all cancers have the same percentages of research monies raised for them because every cancer is a # 1 priority in someones eyes dependent on what type they have. The # of posts show that we are in desperate need of getting in the limelight.....I think that Maries colondar will help it get there...

Love and Hope for us all, Buzz
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    Buzzard said:

Ever notice the # of posts on Breast cancer vs CRC threads
    Breast Cancer Posts---173,000
    Colorectal Posts------145,000
    Next closest is about 45,000

Now why is it not getting the notice that breast cancer is. Because, its not TV friendly, its not eye catching, there is not a lot of asthetic atmosphere as there is with a breast cancer commercial or advertisement, or maybe its simply that no one group has taken it upon themselves to push for more CRC research as Breast Cancer patients have. We most certainly do not want to take anything away from our breast cancer breathren, but we certainly need to share the spotlight that it seems to get. Cancer is cancer and whether its breast, liver, pancreatic, colorectal, or the many different types, they are all just as scary and deadly as the next, but we need to assure that all cancers have the same percentages of research monies raised for them because every cancer is a # 1 priority in someones eyes dependent on what type they have. The # of posts show that we are in desperate need of getting in the limelight.....I think that Maries colondar will help it get there...

Love and Hope for us all, Buzz

great comments and wonderful
    great comments and wonderful energy here on the discussion board.. ideas are great.. we need to send these discussions to cancer networks etc.. I too am bombarded with breast attention!! .. . butts need attention too!! the funding to breast cancer is well promoted.. particularly among the celebrities... and thats where public attention is.. I love the underwear idea!! thanks for being here