A year ago

2»

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    LOUSWIFT said:

Lousey Year
    My baby sister who is far more wise than I told me "God never gives you more than you can handle". In my line of work with what I've seen and been through...I'm not sure that is true. I have noticed that sometimes life balances the good and the bad and sometimes that is enough to get you through. All the best Lou

He never says He won't give you more than you can handle
    The free will He gives you is what gives you more than you can handle. He is there to make sure that if needed all you have to do is ask Him for help, He won't do the work for you though...........
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Buzzard said:

He never says He won't give you more than you can handle
    The free will He gives you is what gives you more than you can handle. He is there to make sure that if needed all you have to do is ask Him for help, He won't do the work for you though...........

I understand you Lou ! I'm catholic believer , but what happen
    this year makes me think about what sense has to Him to makes us carry with much,much,much,more we can handle, in my case ,The cancer ,a recurrence ,my own company recently in chapter 11, and last week my wife was diagnosed with a breast cancer, Thanks Him so THANKS GOD,
    after been operated it result a faulse Alarm ..but can you imagine what a month!!!!!What's the sense for all of this? Well despite all l continue with faith and thanksgiving him ......some times don't know what! DespiteToday l got a good reason as we have been told about the good news about
    my wife.Despite all that I believe in him more than before and lately if have time l try to attend to mass every day in a little church next to my home, well every time I go I leave church feeling much better.
    Sorry for this heavy thoughts but just by chance today was the day to me to talk about that, (I usually don't speak about this things i prefer to keep it with me).
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    pepebcn said:

I understand you Lou ! I'm catholic believer , but what happen
    this year makes me think about what sense has to Him to makes us carry with much,much,much,more we can handle, in my case ,The cancer ,a recurrence ,my own company recently in chapter 11, and last week my wife was diagnosed with a breast cancer, Thanks Him so THANKS GOD,
    after been operated it result a faulse Alarm ..but can you imagine what a month!!!!!What's the sense for all of this? Well despite all l continue with faith and thanksgiving him ......some times don't know what! DespiteToday l got a good reason as we have been told about the good news about
    my wife.Despite all that I believe in him more than before and lately if have time l try to attend to mass every day in a little church next to my home, well every time I go I leave church feeling much better.
    Sorry for this heavy thoughts but just by chance today was the day to me to talk about that, (I usually don't speak about this things i prefer to keep it with me).

pepe
    Do you mean they thought your wife had breast cancer but she doesn't?
  • pepebcn
    AnneCan said:

pepe
    Do you mean they thought your wife had breast cancer but she doesn't?

yes they were very sure after mammography , as much as they
    prefer to make a mastectomy and then the biopsy afterwards, but doctors were very pessimistic, thanks God ,yes in this case haha, false alarm but can you imagine what a couple of weeks?So in those cases to whom do we have to blame?
    Hugs.
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    pepebcn said:

yes they were very sure after mammography , as much as they
    prefer to make a mastectomy and then the biopsy afterwards, but doctors were very pessimistic, thanks God ,yes in this case haha, false alarm but can you imagine what a couple of weeks?So in those cases to whom do we have to blame?
    Hugs.

Pepe
    I am like you too. I keep things to myself most of the time. I get false alarms with mamograms too and am so tired of them, the cancer scares and biopies every year that I haven't had one in a couple of years. Now that I am watched with the colon cancer I figure they might catch breast cancer if it really comes up. I know, sounds stupid but, it's been every year for what seems like forever going through breast biopsies.

I'm sorry for your tough time here recently. Seems like this has been one of those years for many. Worse one for me ever. Hang in there. I am so glad that Tote is OK. Give each other a big HUG!

I've taken to thinking of the life challenges as hilo in the tapicería of my life. I get them and am responsible to tramar them into the tela that I will leave behind one day. Your faith will color your life in a positive way. Mantener la fe.
    (hope I got the Spanish right!)
  • pepebcn
    Lori-S said:

Pepe
    I am like you too. I keep things to myself most of the time. I get false alarms with mamograms too and am so tired of them, the cancer scares and biopies every year that I haven't had one in a couple of years. Now that I am watched with the colon cancer I figure they might catch breast cancer if it really comes up. I know, sounds stupid but, it's been every year for what seems like forever going through breast biopsies.

I'm sorry for your tough time here recently. Seems like this has been one of those years for many. Worse one for me ever. Hang in there. I am so glad that Tote is OK. Give each other a big HUG!

I've taken to thinking of the life challenges as hilo in the tapicería of my life. I get them and am responsible to tramar them into the tela that I will leave behind one day. Your faith will color your life in a positive way. Mantener la fe.
    (hope I got the Spanish right!)

Thank you Lori
    and your Spanish superb!
    What a year man!
    Hugs.
  • AnneCan
    pepebcn said:

Thank you Lori
    and your Spanish superb!
    What a year man!
    Hugs.

Wow!
    I am so glad that turned out to be a false alarm, but it sure must have been stressful.
  • pepebcn
    AnneCan said:

Wow!
    I am so glad that turned out to be a false alarm, but it sure must have been stressful.

Horrible Anne Horrible,
    hope you didn't notice it last days!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Pat...
    What a cruddy year it's been in your life. Losing your parents so close to each other has go to be REALLY hard on a person.

I think we're all thankful for this forum and the understanding people that we have here.

Big hugs to you...

Holly
  • AnneCan
    pepebcn said:

Horrible Anne Horrible,
    hope you didn't notice it last days!

No
    I just thought you weren't here as often. Could this be part of the reason you weren't sleeping very well?