News on Eric

idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey All!!!
I went to see Eric today and Craig went with me. He was awake... very alert... and waiting on us to get there. His Mom had told him we were coming and he was excited. As soon as I walked in his room...there was that wide eared smile... he winked and said "hey Jen" ..... oh my God.... I about started crying... I was SO friggin happy he knew me...and Craig...AND was up..alert...talking...and even had some "Eric Humor" We told him how everyone .... all the semi's... were so very concerned about him and he is talked about almost every day. We threw out several of your names and he recognized YOU ALL! He is on some heavy meds so it was difficult for him to stay awake for an extended period of time. We chatted with him until he drifted off to sleep but before he did I gave him a BIG hug and told him it was from us all. he has lost a little weight and grown a full beard. He is holding his own at this time. We talked with his Mom for a while after we left his room and told her of all the semi concern. She has attempted to get on the boards but couldn't quite get it figured out. She did say she would give it another go so she can talk to you all. She is one fantastic lady. A real angel like Eric always said. Catch up with you all next week when I return. Take care.

Jennie

Comments

• Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Jennie
    Thank you so much for the update, I was staying up hoping that you might post tonight. How great is it that he was alert and receptive when you guys got there??!!! I hope that his mother is able to get on the board soon. She sounds like a great mom. Again ... thanks for the update!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Jennie
    Jennie,
    Thank you for letting us in on your visit. I was so eager to hear how Eric was doing at this stage. I am so glad he knew you two and that you and Craig were together for your visit. My prayers stay with him and his wonderful mom. I love that his humor showed. :) Thank you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Lori-S said:

Jennie
    Thank you so much for the update, I was staying up hoping that you might post tonight. How great is it that he was alert and receptive when you guys got there??!!! I hope that his mother is able to get on the board soon. She sounds like a great mom. Again ... thanks for the update!

Thanks Jennie ,I'm glad he looks
    fine and seems no pains, thanks God!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    thank you Jennie
    I'm SO glad to hear Eric was awake, alert, knew you and the semis you mentioned! Bless you for going to see him and talking to his mom.
    Hugs to you Jennie-

blessings,
    Lisa
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    lisa42 said:

thank you Jennie
    I'm SO glad to hear Eric was awake, alert, knew you and the semis you mentioned! Bless you for going to see him and talking to his mom.
    Hugs to you Jennie-

blessings,
    Lisa

Jennie
    Jennie thank you for that.....how wonderful that both you and Craig were able to visit.

mags
  • lisa42 said:

thank you Jennie
    Hugs to you Jennie-

blessings,
    Lisa

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Update
    Thanks to you and Craig for going and visiting one of our family members. We sure do miss him and I'm glad that he recognized you. That was nice that you let him know we are still thinking of him. Have a safe trip.

Kim
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Update
    Thanks to you and Craig for going and visiting one of our family members. We sure do miss him and I'm glad that he recognized you. That was nice that you let him know we are still thinking of him. Have a safe trip.

Kim

That's wonderful!
    Thank you, so awesome that you gave him some happiness and smiles!
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Thanks for the update
    Glad to hear that you all got to visit and that he was doing well enough to enjoy it.
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Thank you
    thank you so much for the update. I have not been on quite as often as would like, but I do think of all of you every day. Again thanks. God Bless. Margaret
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    OH HOW WONDErful
    thank you

OH HOW WONDErful
    thank you so much for taking the time to go and see Eric!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    THANK YOU!
    Jennie,

Thanks so much for this update; thanks to you + Craig for going to see him + representing our "family" so beautifully. I had tears in my eyes as I read this post + heard how he is doing. I really respect Eric + miss him so much; it was unbeleivable to me to get this news - thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!!! He is such a trouper to be "up" for your visit, making jokes, etc. What a guy!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

l agree with gracia,
    you both have a great heart! thankyou again!
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Dear Jennie/Craig - It was

Dear Jennie/Craig - It was so nice to see your post about Eric, it brought both a smile and a tear at the same time. I've often thought about him and wondered how he's been doing, so thank you for the update. I'm so glad that you both were able to visit him. Take care, Cynthia
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Jennie and Craig:
    What an incredibly difficult visit that must have been for the two of you, filled with smiles and I'm guessing some tears. It must have brought much comfort to both Eric and him mom that you both thought of him and took the time to visit and offer all our best wishes and love for him. It just shows what caring, good, people you are.

Thank you for sharing - Tina
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Thanks to both of you,Jennie
    Thanks to both of you,Jennie and Craig.I am tearful when I am reading your post.Thank you very much for this update,it's so precious.
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    So kind of you
    Jennie and Craig, it so kind of both of you to visit Eric and give us update on him. My best wishes to Eric. - Lucy
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Dear Jennie and Craig
    thank you for sharing with us. It was so good for you to be able to visit with Eric and his Mom.
    ~Aud
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Thank you
    Thank you for the update,I'm glad he is alert.I'll keep praying for him.