Yahoo!!!!!

vinny59
vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
Hey Guys, I finally have some good news to share, my latest PET Scan came back negative! Cancer is all gone..... I will finally be on the road to true recovery soon. I need my blood cells to bounce back, but other then that this is the best news my wife and I could have recieved! I have to still go to Univ. Of Penn in three weeks, but all looks like it's going to be good......... Thanks for the prayers!!!!!!! Vinny!!!!

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    All Clear
    Vinny,
    That is the best news we can hear. Congratulations. Its about time you got some really GREAT news and this is it. John
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Vinny, I am so happy for you. I think this not only makes your day but mine as well. And all of us on this board as we have all been praying for your PET to show "REMISSION".
    Now it's just a matter of time for your blood counts to rebuild. You have had a rough road my friend but now it's time for that happy dance. I have a smile on my face from ear to ear. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    I know you will have a great day.
    Leslie
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Fantastic news!
    Hi Vinny,
    Wow! I am so happy for you! It's about time you catch a break. This calls for a celebration, so I'm going to take my last 8 apples and bake a carmel apple pie today. Just wish I could share it with you and your wife at diner tonight. We will raise our glasses tonight with a toast to you Vinny! Have a great day...Sue
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

All Clear
    Vinny,
    That is the best news we can hear. Congratulations. Its about time you got some really GREAT news and this is it. John

Hope for us
    Hey John,
    Vinny's news sure does give us a hopeful feeling..eh? After all he's been through it makes me feel like I am able to conquer anything that gets thrown at me. When do we get the good news from you, now that your rounds are finished?...Sue
  • Porphy
    Porphy Member Posts: 36
    Great News ...!!! It's
    Great News ...!!! It's easier to fight when you know you can win.
  • vinny59
    allmost60 said:

Fantastic news!
    Hi Vinny,
    Wow! I am so happy for you! It's about time you catch a break. This calls for a celebration, so I'm going to take my last 8 apples and bake a carmel apple pie today. Just wish I could share it with you and your wife at diner tonight. We will raise our glasses tonight with a toast to you Vinny! Have a great day...Sue

thanks Guy's!
    Thanks for all the love, Sue I may have a Martini!!!!!!!!!!
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Well Done
    Hi Vinny,
    Congratulations, job well done. Hard work is the name of this game. You have made it to the other side once again...
    Your joy can be felt all the way out here on the west coast...
    Hooray Hooray It's Vinny Day !!!!!
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

Hope for us
    Hey John,
    Vinny's news sure does give us a hopeful feeling..eh? After all he's been through it makes me feel like I am able to conquer anything that gets thrown at me. When do we get the good news from you, now that your rounds are finished?...Sue

PET SCAN
    Sue,
    I started grinning ear to ear when I heard Vinnys great news. Yes it gives us all something to look forward too. He went thru so much crap with the fevers and down days and low bloods that I am sure will start to come back up now that his body can rest from all those chemicals.( Don't mean to sound like Vinny in a third person way, but I know he will read this and I am sure he will get a smile on his face) It was getting worrisome at times with all those ups and downs. I had my pet scan yesterday and go in tomorrow for the results. I will be sure to let everybody know what it says. The SUV was down by 2/3rds after the midway scan. I am hoping the other 1/3rd is gone too. John
    (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    forme said:

Well Done
    Hi Vinny,
    Congratulations, job well done. Hard work is the name of this game. You have made it to the other side once again...
    Your joy can be felt all the way out here on the west coast...
    Hooray Hooray It's Vinny Day !!!!!
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

Whoo Hooo
    Vinny,

Best news I've heard in a long time!!!! So happy for you and your family!!! Way to go!!
    Prayers to you and enjoy every second of this!!!
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    Wow Vinny
    I am so incredibly happy to hear this. I guess it was all worth it after all. I had a feeling about you. Isn't it just so hard to grasp? I remember feeling so ecstatic and so confused at the same time. Remission is the best word. Keep on resting and rebuilding. It will come. Mary(FNHL-1-4a-8/08)
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member

Wow Vinny
    I am so incredibly happy to hear this. I guess it was all worth it after all. I had a feeling about you. Isn't it just so hard to grasp? I remember feeling so ecstatic and so confused at the same time. Remission is the best word. Keep on resting and rebuilding. It will come. Mary(FNHL-1-4a-8/08)

!!!!
    WOW...CONGRATS!!!!

Cathy
  • vinny59
    cathyp said:

!!!!
    WOW...CONGRATS!!!!

Cathy

thanks
    Thanks again to everyone! Keep fighting and praying, Vinny
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    Clear
    YEAH!!!!!!

Kellie
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    KC13167 said:

Clear
    YEAH!!!!!!

Kellie

Awesome
    How great is the word negative??
  • britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    vinny59 said:

thanks
    Thanks again to everyone! Keep fighting and praying, Vinny

GREAT NEWS!
    Vinny,

Well what great news! So happy for you and your family. I have not posted very much cause my mind gets so tired when I read and write (chemo brain), but I have been following along and praying for you and everyone of this board. God Bless you, and thank you Lord for answered prayers.

Darlene
  • vinny59
    dixiegirl said:

Awesome
    How great is the word negative??

negative
    Never thought I would get such a charge out of the words, Unremarkable PET Scan!!!!!
  • gypsy22
    gypsy22 Member Posts: 17
    vinny59 said:

negative
    Never thought I would get such a charge out of the words, Unremarkable PET Scan!!!!!

Fantastic News
    A hard fought battle however you conquered it. Congrats

Elaine
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    You too Vinnie
    Great way for me to start my saturday morning. You and john have put a great big smile on my face. I am so thrilled to hear all this good news from both of you. Both of you certainly have paid your dues.

If you don't mind, is it possible to post your DX? I am trying to keep track for my own piece of mind. And not having everyone repeat in every post. If not, that's OK too. I understand.

DX 09/09 slow growing, stage 1, low grade lymphoma of the small bowel

Maggie
  • vinny59

You too Vinnie
    Great way for me to start my saturday morning. You and john have put a great big smile on my face. I am so thrilled to hear all this good news from both of you. Both of you certainly have paid your dues.

If you don't mind, is it possible to post your DX? I am trying to keep track for my own piece of mind. And not having everyone repeat in every post. If not, that's OK too. I understand.

DX 09/09 slow growing, stage 1, low grade lymphoma of the small bowel

Maggie

NHL-1-4a Large diffused B
    NHL-1-4a Large diffused B cell (was in my bones, chest, throat, hip)
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
    vinny59 said:

NHL-1-4a Large diffused B
    NHL-1-4a Large diffused B cell (was in my bones, chest, throat, hip)

Well look at you
    You kicked that Cancers arse!!!