Going for bloodtest tomorrow-it is two weeks past my originally scheduled 5th chemo session

hopeful girl 1
hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
Friends,

Tomorrow I am to go for another bloodtest. It will be two weeks past my original date scheduled for my 5th chemo. My 4th chemo was on 9/7/10. Last week my 5th chemo was cancelled for a second time, due to my platelets of 68,000. My other counts are low as well. Hemaglobin 9, and neutrophils 1.5 ---please wish me luck that my counts are recuperating.

Hugs to all.

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Dear Hopeful:
    Wishing you

Dear Hopeful:

Wishing you luck with your bloodtest tomorrow. I pray that your counts have recuperated!

(((Hugs)))

Kathy
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Hopeful
    I am counting on your bone marrow working overtime tonight, making good white cells fast and furious! Sending positive vibes your way to stimulate your bone marrow!

Let us know how your labs turn out!

Best wishes....Karen
  • GracieGold
    GracieGold Member Posts: 23 Member
    kkstef said:

Hopeful
    I am counting on your bone marrow working overtime tonight, making good white cells fast and furious! Sending positive vibes your way to stimulate your bone marrow!

Let us know how your labs turn out!

Best wishes....Karen

Hopeful
    I am envisioning you radiant with good health in all ways! Lots of love and strength coming your way.
    Best wishes!
  • nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    about blood work
    I wish you good health and good results with your blood. Lots of us has been there and are here now to support you. I send love and comfort to you as you await these results. Here say this prayer with me, close your eyes and imagine God is talking to you as he did to Isaiah.

(Isaiah 41:10) Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.

This is what God had told Isaiah when he sent him to face the Israelites in the wilderness.
  • hopeful girl 1
    nempark said:

about blood work
    I wish you good health and good results with your blood. Lots of us has been there and are here now to support you. I send love and comfort to you as you await these results. Here say this prayer with me, close your eyes and imagine God is talking to you as he did to Isaiah.

(Isaiah 41:10) Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.

This is what God had told Isaiah when he sent him to face the Israelites in the wilderness.

Good evening friends!

Well, my platelets jumped up from 68,000 last week to 139,000 this week, so I was approved for my 5th chemo yesterday on 10/12. My oncologist lowered the dose of the carbo alittle bit because of the drop in platelets last time. My hemaglobin came up alittle bit form 9.0 to 9.9, but my white counts are stubborn and dropped two weeks in a row. My overall white count is 1.9 and my neutrophils are 1.2--that makes me nervous.

Before my 4th chemo my starting point for neutrophils was 2.1 and then two weeks later dropped to .8--if I have a similiar drop I could be looking at zero neutrophils.

I am going to pray and have faith that this will not happen. I thank you all for your positive well wishes, vibes and prayers for my white counts to stay high enough to be able to fight off any infections while I go thru this chemo. After this one.....just one more anticipated chemo to go for this treatment plan.

I feel so bonded with all of you, and it is wonderful to share our experiences and knowledge and tips.

Hugs!

Cindy
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member

Good evening friends!

Well, my platelets jumped up from 68,000 last week to 139,000 this week, so I was approved for my 5th chemo yesterday on 10/12. My oncologist lowered the dose of the carbo alittle bit because of the drop in platelets last time. My hemaglobin came up alittle bit form 9.0 to 9.9, but my white counts are stubborn and dropped two weeks in a row. My overall white count is 1.9 and my neutrophils are 1.2--that makes me nervous.

Before my 4th chemo my starting point for neutrophils was 2.1 and then two weeks later dropped to .8--if I have a similiar drop I could be looking at zero neutrophils.

I am going to pray and have faith that this will not happen. I thank you all for your positive well wishes, vibes and prayers for my white counts to stay high enough to be able to fight off any infections while I go thru this chemo. After this one.....just one more anticipated chemo to go for this treatment plan.

I feel so bonded with all of you, and it is wonderful to share our experiences and knowledge and tips.

Hugs!

Cindy

Yay for you!
    Cindy, I am so happy to hear that your counts had improved and that you were able to have your treatment. Just one more to go and I know you can do it. Hang in there!

Karen
  • Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608
    kkstef said:

Yay for you!
    Cindy, I am so happy to hear that your counts had improved and that you were able to have your treatment. Just one more to go and I know you can do it. Hang in there!

Karen

Go Platelets!
    Did you ever think in your life you would be so happy to have poison poured into your system? What we go through, our emotions hanging on lab values. I am so happy they came up; the carbo can really knock them down. Sometimes women get blood transfusions and that helps. It is hard on you emotionally; waiting and hoping. Keep us in the loop you can see the end of the runway from here! You are a fighter!

Diane
  • hopeful girl 1

Go Platelets!
    Did you ever think in your life you would be so happy to have poison poured into your system? What we go through, our emotions hanging on lab values. I am so happy they came up; the carbo can really knock them down. Sometimes women get blood transfusions and that helps. It is hard on you emotionally; waiting and hoping. Keep us in the loop you can see the end of the runway from here! You are a fighter!

Diane

Thanks
    Friends,

My oncologist did decrease the carbo dosage this time due to drop last time.
    I hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for all of your encouragement!

Hugs,
    Cindy