Coincidence or Not?

laurie83833
laurie83833 Member Posts: 63
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
A little story -

My sister who I loved dearly and we were very close was diagnosed with cancer in Nov 2003 (Stage IV) - She did pass away in June 2006.

I have 7 sisters (no brothers) and us sisters have a family website. I noticed on our family site up at the top of the page it said I had a new email (I was not even aware we could send each other emails directly to members of our family site and the only way to receive them is to click at the link at the top of the page) so I clicked on it and it was a email from my sister Diane that she sent me a couple months before she was even diagnosed. The email started out "Hello, favorite sister of mine - And it was a happy email how much she loves me and how excited she was that my husband and I were going to be traveling out to visit her soon and the fun we were going to have etc.

Here I was reading her fresh new email about a year after she passed away... but I never even knew she sent it. I then downloaded the email, saved it to my computer and forwarded it to my husband. This was about 2 years ago 2008. Since then I forgot that I had that email.

To make a long story short.. my computer couple weeks ago went wacky and I had to format my whole system back to scratch. So I lost a whole bunch of personal items on my system.

A couple days ago Denny my husband was cleaning up his computer deleting old files etc. and he came across that same email from my sister. He then emailed it to me and said " I know you lost a lot of your personal emails and I came across this one today and thought you might like to keep a copy.

It was wonderful to read it again and made me smile, I then noticed at the top of the email where it has the date it was initially written and sent. Well now this is the coolest thing.. the date my sister Diane initially wrote this email was Oct. 4th 2003, my husband without knowing it just happened to come across her email and forwarded it to me on Oct 4th 2010.. Exactly 7 years to the date that she wrote it.

Now is this just coincidence? Maybe and then again maybe not..

But I do know I felt a peace and thought about my Sister Diane a lot that day and made a big smile every time I looked at her picture hanging on my wall. Actually I do think about her a lot but Oct 4th I believe she was letting me know she is still with me.

I do believe the people that are close to us really never do leave us. Physically maybe - Spiritually no.

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    That's wonderful
    That's a beautiful story.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Tootsie is right
    That is a beautiful story; thanks for sharing it.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    AnneCan said:

Tootsie is right
    That is a beautiful story; thanks for sharing it.

I believe! Touching!!
    I believe! Touching!!

When my grandson Baby J passed away, the following morning his picture had split in two on my computer desktop, so I had two pictures of him side my side. Later that week, my daughter told me she was pregnant and she had just found out the day before Baby J passed away. She had a boy!
  • laurie83833
    Nana b said:

I believe! Touching!!
    I believe! Touching!!

When my grandson Baby J passed away, the following morning his picture had split in two on my computer desktop, so I had two pictures of him side my side. Later that week, my daughter told me she was pregnant and she had just found out the day before Baby J passed away. She had a boy!

Chills...
    Wow..
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Nice
    Wonderful story and I bet you shed a tear or two.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Nana b said:

I believe! Touching!!
    I believe! Touching!!

Another WOW
    That's really neat Nana b.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    scouty said:

Nice
    Wonderful story and I bet you shed a tear or two.

And then some...
    Laurie
    I

And then some...

Laurie

I didn't mean to take over your post! Just wanted to share and let you know to believe...
  • traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    amazing
    So glad you got to keep that one message. How special.
  • laurie83833
    Nana b said:

And then some...
    Laurie
    I

And then some...

Laurie

I didn't mean to take over your post! Just wanted to share and let you know to believe...

Thats excately why I posted..
    No worries Nana, I was hoping for others to share their stories. There are so many things that happen in this world both spiritually and physically.

That one only has to believe to see the signs.

Anyone else have any stories to tell?
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    I'm a believer!

My neighbor in Massachusetts was a real pain in the butt. No matter
    what I ever did for that crumb, he found a problem with it. He was the
    true "neighbor from hell".

Well, he died about five years before we moved from Massachusetts,
    and I can't say that I actually missed him. He really was a miserable
    individual.

We've been living down here in Florida for almost 8 years now,
    and are still trying to settle into a home we bought....

Well..... I was walking down to the pond to feed the ducks the
    other day, and I stepped into a pile of fresh dog poo.

You know, it's been almost 13 years to the month since he died,
    and dammit... I know damned well it was him that left that pile!
    That's the kind of guy he was!

It's funny how things work out...... Strange!

Even in death, he still gives me reason to be PO'd.

John