monitoring

geology
geology Member Posts: 12
Hi just had my 1 year pap done and the Dr ordered no tests other than a mamo and bone density and said see you in six months. I was wondering if this is normal protocol for someone who has endometrial adenocarcinoma stage 1b grade 1. I had no treatment other than hysterectomy with nodes removed and a pelvic wash, all negative. Any thoughts would be great,Thanks, Stephanie

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Hello
    Hello Stephanie:

Congratulations on your one year. Is it more? It seems normal protocol for yearly mamograms and pap tests. It seems that you are on a six month visit. You did not say when your surgery was. I think the only thing I would do would get a base line CT Scan. Did they do a CT Scan after surgery? Sometimes they would do one after a year.

I was dx with Grade 2, stage ii/iiia after a hysterectomy. They went back in and did a staging and all was negative. I have had CT Scans regularly and recently had some PET Scans (all negative). My initial surgery was in 2005. Was your CA125 tested and is it a marker for you? It was not a marker for me.

I hope this helps.

Kathy
  • geology
    geology Member Posts: 12
    Kaleena said:

Hello
    Hello Stephanie:

Congratulations on your one year. Is it more? It seems normal protocol for yearly mamograms and pap tests. It seems that you are on a six month visit. You did not say when your surgery was. I think the only thing I would do would get a base line CT Scan. Did they do a CT Scan after surgery? Sometimes they would do one after a year.

I was dx with Grade 2, stage ii/iiia after a hysterectomy. They went back in and did a staging and all was negative. I have had CT Scans regularly and recently had some PET Scans (all negative). My initial surgery was in 2005. Was your CA125 tested and is it a marker for you? It was not a marker for me.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

thanks for your response. I
    thanks for your response. I was a year on september 15th as far as surgery, dx August 2009. I never had a CA125 or a ct scan, I did have a chest x ray prior to surgery.
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    geology said:

thanks for your response. I
    thanks for your response. I was a year on september 15th as far as surgery, dx August 2009. I never had a CA125 or a ct scan, I did have a chest x ray prior to surgery.

I don't think I mentioned
    I don't think I mentioned that I had my surgery Sept. 13, 2005 and then diagnosed I was then staged in October of 2005 with another surgery (everything was clear). However,I was dx with endo aden. Grade 2, stage ii/iiia. I took preventative treatment for six months. Then had three brachy radiations at the vaginal cuff. My CA125 never came into play. For the first three years it was just the CT once a year, PAP smear every 6 months, blood work, yearly mamograms, etc.

Enjoy your NED!

Kathy