Anniversary

yesyes2
yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that yesterday 10/07 was the 18th anniversary of my first breast cancer diagnosis. I said something to my husband about it being my anniv. and he said, "how do you ever remember these dates". Guess it has to happen to you personally to remember it for so long. It is getting more difficult with 4 cancer anniv. now, LOL.

Just wanted to share,
Leslie

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    ANNIVERSARY
    LESLIE,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Just think, when I reach my 18th anniverary you will be celebrating your 36th. John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Gives hope!
    Hi Leslie,
    Hearing you say it's been 18 years since your first diagnosis gives me so much hope. I'll never forget June 16th at 3:45 when my PCP said I had cancer. Congratulations and thanks for sharing....Love...Sue
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    April 7th 2006, August 7th 2007, January ? 2010
    Ok...I am slipping on #3, it was around the beginning of the year I do remember that! The second time I'd been watching the spot on my hip for 9 months before my onc finally admitted relapse.

So by the time 4 rolls around I'll be lucky to remember the month. I guess I need to start updating my page here more often so I can look back and remember dates, feelings, emotions, joy, fear. It all comes full circle sometimes doesn't it? We do well for awhile then it takes over and the fear comes rushing back.

Today I called the surgeon about the pain I am still in after my test wed and they made me feel so friggin stupid I called back and cancelled the appointment and went to my chiropractor to try to get acupuncture to see if it would help. She didn't think it would help, but gave me a couple supplements to try she thinks the pain is coming from my liver and gall bladder. Hopefully the supplements will help my organs work better to get things moving. Her dad adjusts me and has seen me through many trials and pain. He says there is something wrong, it just doesn't add up. He's worried about me being alone while my hubby is out of town for a couple days. He almost had me willing to go to the ER. I am feeling a little better, but know if I am still feeling bad tomorrow, I'll likely go.

I hate it when you're body starts falling apart. I think I am just tired of pain :)
  • allmost60
    dixiegirl said:

April 7th 2006, August 7th 2007, January ? 2010
    Ok...I am slipping on #3, it was around the beginning of the year I do remember that! The second time I'd been watching the spot on my hip for 9 months before my onc finally admitted relapse.

So by the time 4 rolls around I'll be lucky to remember the month. I guess I need to start updating my page here more often so I can look back and remember dates, feelings, emotions, joy, fear. It all comes full circle sometimes doesn't it? We do well for awhile then it takes over and the fear comes rushing back.

Today I called the surgeon about the pain I am still in after my test wed and they made me feel so friggin stupid I called back and cancelled the appointment and went to my chiropractor to try to get acupuncture to see if it would help. She didn't think it would help, but gave me a couple supplements to try she thinks the pain is coming from my liver and gall bladder. Hopefully the supplements will help my organs work better to get things moving. Her dad adjusts me and has seen me through many trials and pain. He says there is something wrong, it just doesn't add up. He's worried about me being alone while my hubby is out of town for a couple days. He almost had me willing to go to the ER. I am feeling a little better, but know if I am still feeling bad tomorrow, I'll likely go.

I hate it when you're body starts falling apart. I think I am just tired of pain :)

Sorry
    Hi beth,
    What did the surgeon say that made you feel so stupid? If your in pain he needs to address the problem instead of making you feel worse. I think you should go to the emergency room. Is there anyone you can get to go with you to the ER, or come and stay with you while your husband is gone? I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Please let us know what you decide to do. Thinking of you...Love, Sue
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    anniv
    I'm like your husband! how do you ever remember those dates! I lose track, thank God for my wife!!!!! She remembers all the doses of pills I'm taking, when I have to take them, I'm a lucky boy!!!! hahahahahaha Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    allmost60 said:

Sorry
    Hi beth,
    What did the surgeon say that made you feel so stupid? If your in pain he needs to address the problem instead of making you feel worse. I think you should go to the emergency room. Is there anyone you can get to go with you to the ER, or come and stay with you while your husband is gone? I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Please let us know what you decide to do. Thinking of you...Love, Sue

Just gas
    Sue, he's convinced it's just gas and that there is nothing wrong. He just was making me doubt my body.

The supplements they gave me worked this morning, I am now a happy camper. I am still a little sore but NOTHING like the last couple days. I do think I'm going to have to go see my GYN since that's where the pain seems to be.

I don't think today is going to be an ER trip at least I don't think so. Jim says today he may be home today depending on how much they got done last night.

Thank God,

Beth
  • allmost60
    dixiegirl said:

Just gas
    Sue, he's convinced it's just gas and that there is nothing wrong. He just was making me doubt my body.

The supplements they gave me worked this morning, I am now a happy camper. I am still a little sore but NOTHING like the last couple days. I do think I'm going to have to go see my GYN since that's where the pain seems to be.

I don't think today is going to be an ER trip at least I don't think so. Jim says today he may be home today depending on how much they got done last night.

Thank God,

Beth

Glad
    Hi Beth,
    Glad your feeling better today and don't feel the need to go to the emergency room. "Happy Camper" is good! Hope hubby makes it home today. Love...Sue
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    dixiegirl said:

Just gas

Thank God,

Beth

Been there!
    Sorry to hear of your being alone and am glad to hear that hubby coming home. My hubby also was out of town when I felt lousy two weeks ago and it was awful - I would avoid this if at all possible. I do not want to be alone anymore while in treatment!! I did stayed at my dad's house that night. Hubby told me he will be out of town again on business trip in Dec. Sigh... I will find a way to stay at someone's house or invite someone over - maybe Dad's but he is already 84 years old!!

Hope you feel better then.
    Liz
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    Congrats!
    Leslie,

Always good to hear the anniversary of good news! This past weekend, I saw many, many women taking a walk for breast cancer cause around town. Very inspiring. You have gone a long way, baby!

Liz