2»

Comments

• xmomtofourx
    xmomtofourx Member Posts: 44
    Lori-S said:

Bonnie
    You do need to be monitored.

Thats what I thought, who
    Thats what I thought, who should do it? Oncologist, PC, GI? So many drs, how do you keep them all straight, I'm sure many of you have many, many more than I do.
  • xmomtofourx
    Lori-S said:

Bonnie
    You do need to be monitored.

Thats what I thought, who should do it? Oncologist, PC, GI? So many drs, how do you keep them all straight, I'm sure many of you have many, many more than I do.
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    My husband was at stage
    My husband was at stage 2A,after the surgery both the surgeon and oncologist suggested chemo because in case of any micro cancer cell in the body.I think you need a new oncologist or go to another hospital for a second opinion.
  • Thats what I thought, who

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Thank you!
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome, this looks like a very helpful place!

I just feel like I was just pushed off and forgotten. I am one of the very lucky ones in that they were able to remove my cancer and nothing else was needed but the way I was just rushed out and not even given a minute to think things over and ask questions just leaves me feeling at a loss for knowing what to do next. I have gone thru that before when I had my strokes so maybe thats why its bothering me so much now but I can't get rid of the feeling that this is going to come back again.

By the way I love your kitties, I have 3 of them myself!

Kitties are special friends!
    The pic I have up was taken some time ago when they were just months old.

They are still sweet, lovable, funny and comforting. Just as a friend should be.

Hugs

Marie who loves kitties
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member

Well
    I am sort of a bottom line kind of person so I would go to an oncologist just because (God forbid) if anything came up you'd already be with the doctor you'd need to be dealing with and an oncologist's specialty is cancer and they are probably more inclined to catch any nuisances in testing results.

But, finding a doctor that you are comfortable with and trust is important and if that is your general practitioner then that might be the best way for you to go.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

My husband was at stage
    My husband was at stage 2A,after the surgery both the surgeon and oncologist suggested chemo because in case of any micro cancer cell in the body.I think you need a new oncologist or go to another hospital for a second opinion.

Hey Bonnie!!
    Welcome to the board!!! I am in agreement with everyone else as far as a second opinion goes. My tumor also went thru colon wall... and into the bloodstream... and on to the liver and lungs. Stage IV. Been thru the surgery, chemo, remission, recurrance, cyberknife and now back to clean again. So, get another opinion to be on the safe side. You take care.

Jennie
  • xmomtofourx

Hey Bonnie!!
    Welcome to the board!!! I am in agreement with everyone else as far as a second opinion goes. My tumor also went thru colon wall... and into the bloodstream... and on to the liver and lungs. Stage IV. Been thru the surgery, chemo, remission, recurrance, cyberknife and now back to clean again. So, get another opinion to be on the safe side. You take care.

Jennie

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your wonderful help and comments. I do feel very fortunate that my cancer was only a high stage 2b, so many of you are going thru so much more and I'm sure it must feel like its never going to end or get better, not sure I could handle much more than I have already so I commend all of you.

My drs were all very good at discussing my case with each other and so far have seemed to pretty much agree. I do have check ups scheduled often with my PC because of other issues I have so I'll probably talk to her and see what she thinks.

Thank you all again,

Bonnie
  • xmomtofourx

My husband was at stage

This is probably a stupid
    This is probably a stupid question but what is the difference between stage A and B? Just wondering.

That is my fear, I just have this lingering feeling that some tiny cell was missed and that it will eventually show up some place else, I just pray its found early enough. I realize Drs need to tell you the facts and sometimes be blunt but he sure scared me. How is your husband doing now? Was his chemo very hard on him?

Thank you,

Bonnie