Treatment Centers

UNBEARABLE
UNBEARABLE Member Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My husband has squamous non small cell lung cancer with mets to the liver and bones. We are on our last chemo possiblity. I'm trying to find a treatment center that could provide us an option and some hope. Please help.

Comments

• zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Sorry
    I can't help you much , We go to Ann Arbor Mi, I don't know where you are at. They are great there.
    My husband has T4n1mo Mets to both lungs. They are treating him with Carbosplatin.
    I wish I could help but I am not so good at this. I know William Marshall on the The board E.C Board he is very knowledgeable he may be able to offer some help. I don't know if he comes on other boards. But it is worth a try.
    Sorry I can't help more
    Jennie
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Best hospitals
    Here's a list of the top-rated hospitals from US News & World Report - MD Anderson is first on the list.
  • UNBEARABLE

Best hospitals
    Here's a list of the top-rated hospitals from US News & World Report - MD Anderson is first on the list.

Thanks Stayingcalm. We've
    Thanks Stayingcalm. We've been there and have tried everything they have to offer. I was just hoping perhaps someone knew something else i didn't know. I appreciate your efforts. Take Care
  • UNBEARABLE
    zinniemay said:

Sorry
    I can't help you much , We go to Ann Arbor Mi, I don't know where you are at. They are great there.
    My husband has T4n1mo Mets to both lungs. They are treating him with Carbosplatin.
    I wish I could help but I am not so good at this. I know William Marshall on the The board E.C Board he is very knowledgeable he may be able to offer some help. I don't know if he comes on other boards. But it is worth a try.
    Sorry I can't help more
    Jennie

We've tried carbo. Thanks
    We've tried carbo. Thanks for your post and i will keep you and your husband in my prayers. i've been to ann arbor many times. Beautiful there! Take care, zinniemay.
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member

Thanks Stayingcalm. We've
    Thanks Stayingcalm. We've been there and have tried everything they have to offer. I was just hoping perhaps someone knew something else i didn't know. I appreciate your efforts. Take Care

Nicole, did Wickerwoman give
    Nicole, did Wickerwoman give you info on her DR and center she went to in Tenn some time ago for her stage 3c non small lung cancer? she has been in remission for 10 yrs. I seem to remember she did and thought you and spouse would give that a chance if you havent already
  • UNBEARABLE

Nicole, did Wickerwoman give
    Nicole, did Wickerwoman give you info on her DR and center she went to in Tenn some time ago for her stage 3c non small lung cancer? she has been in remission for 10 yrs. I seem to remember she did and thought you and spouse would give that a chance if you havent already

yes, wicker gave me all the
    yes, wicker gave me all the info. But, unfortunately, i found out yesterday that Vanderbilt has nothing for us that we havent tried...so im still searching.
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member

yes, wicker gave me all the info. But, unfortunately, i found out yesterday that Vanderbilt has nothing for us that we havent tried...so im still searching.

Other options
    Have you looked into clinical trials? What chemo has he actually had?
  • Tricia02
    Tricia02 Member Posts: 129
    hi nicole
    hi Nicole, I watched a tv documentary here last night and it was all about cancer and new treatments that are now available. And it struck me cos they interviewed an elderly man with advanced lung cancer here is part of transcript

The first patient we feature is Bernard Feinstein. Bernard is 87 years old and with a loving family and eleven grandchildren he has a lot to live for. Five months ago Bernard found out he has an aggressive form of lung cancer which had already spread to his bones. Normally he would have limited treatment options because of his age and the size of his tumour. However, doctors found out, through genetic testing, that Bernard’s tumour formed because of a specific genetic mutation. This genetic fault can be treated with a new drug called Iressa which has been shown to help some patients with this mutation and stabilise their cancer.

We follow Bernard’s important trip to the hospital when he finds out if the treatment has worked for him and what the future may hold.

I will pm you with a link to the documentary, it may be helpful Nicole as this drug Iressa was developed in USA.

Bye for now Tricia
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291

Treatment Center
    Karmanos in Detroit, and Josephine Ford Hospital in Detroit are well known and have some new lung cancer technology I hear them advertise, not sure what it is but certainly worth a call.

Best wishes

Dave