Traveling with all of you

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
Hi All,
Still feel nervous about the upcoming trip. We leave on Sat morn 10/2 San Francisco to Tampa. We will be there a week then spend the weekend in Key West. We have a hotel that we are trying to sell. Anyone want to buy a hotel,restaurant, caberet on the main street in key West... We need to check that all is going well with the business. We will be home the day after my birthday 10/11. I plan on taking my laptop, so I will check in with all of you.
John, I will take all my meds with me including extra. I have found that in Fl I can get new and refill Rx at Walgreens, I had to do that the last time I was there. Don't know why the nurse told you it's against the law. She is wrong...
It will be a bitter sweet trip. Nice to visit with mom in law , sad that things are not going well for her. It will be interesting to check out Moffit Cancer center. See how it compares to Stanford...
Have a wonderful start to the week.. Hope you all feel strong and well..
Lisha

If any of you know someone who wants a wonderful hotel/business in Key West, please tell them to look up LaTeDa on Duval street. There is a website with great pictures of the hotel. We really need to get it sold. It belonged to my brother , who passed away 18 months ago. We cannot run it from across the country and don't want to live in K.W.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    PRESCRIPTIONS
    FORME,
    I am sorry, with the chemo brain I forget to say what I mean sometimes. The nurse said they could not prescribe any meds when I was out of state. I could get meds refilled if I already had a standing prescription. I have done that many times at CVS out of state. You are right though, it is a law I never heard of. They know what my diagnosis is so why can't they prescribe something. They know me thru my blood test every 3 weeks. They know I am not a druggie. Yes they check for that too. I mean I wasn't asking for morphine or heroine. I was just asking for a pain killer and an antibiotic. Had to cut my trip short and come home and go to the dentist. They checked and gave me something right away. Bottom line is they want to make sure they cover their A$$E$ no matter how much pain I was having. It did pi$$ me off big time. I am prepared when I go in Tuesday for when they ask about my tooth. Have a good trip and keep us posted. John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Nice
    Hi Lisha,
    Thats a really nice hotel. Thanks for the information. I hope while you are there you can relax a little bit and enjoy your break away from your daily routine at home. I'll keep your mother-in-law and you in my prayers. Don't wear yourself out this week preparing for your trip. Love...Sue
  • forme
    allmost60 said:

Nice
    Hi Lisha,
    Thats a really nice hotel. Thanks for the information. I hope while you are there you can relax a little bit and enjoy your break away from your daily routine at home. I'll keep your mother-in-law and you in my prayers. Don't wear yourself out this week preparing for your trip. Love...Sue

Thank you
    Hi Sue,
    Thank you for thinking of us. Yes, I am already stressing over the planning. So much to do in only a week. It 1 am and I am wide awake. I keep making lists and then make more. I hope that tomorrow I will be able to finalize the plans and then breathe a little. It will be a emotional trip. But, I am hoping to just have a bit of time to relax. Cross your fingers for me...Key West will be hard too. trying to sell the business is very sad. My brother was only 51 when he suddenly died. Well I should try to get some sleep. I'll keep you posted..
    Lisha

PS I am so happy for you that your done with the devil P...
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    COBRA666 said:

PRESCRIPTIONS
    FORME,
    I am sorry, with the chemo brain I forget to say what I mean sometimes. The nurse said they could not prescribe any meds when I was out of state. I could get meds refilled if I already had a standing prescription. I have done that many times at CVS out of state. You are right though, it is a law I never heard of. They know what my diagnosis is so why can't they prescribe something. They know me thru my blood test every 3 weeks. They know I am not a druggie. Yes they check for that too. I mean I wasn't asking for morphine or heroine. I was just asking for a pain killer and an antibiotic. Had to cut my trip short and come home and go to the dentist. They checked and gave me something right away. Bottom line is they want to make sure they cover their A$$E$ no matter how much pain I was having. It did pi$$ me off big time. I am prepared when I go in Tuesday for when they ask about my tooth. Have a good trip and keep us posted. John

RX
    The doctor writing the RX has to have a license in the state(s) that are involved.
  • forme
    KC13167 said:

RX
    The doctor writing the RX has to have a license in the state(s) that are involved.

Yes, but
    Hi,

I agree, but there is a way around this. I had my local Dr call in a new rx to my local walgreens. Then I went to the out of state walgreens and picked it up there. No problems at all. You just have to work the system...LOL
    Lisha
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    forme said:

Thank you
    Hi Sue,
    Thank you for thinking of us. Yes, I am already stressing over the planning. So much to do in only a week. It 1 am and I am wide awake. I keep making lists and then make more. I hope that tomorrow I will be able to finalize the plans and then breathe a little. It will be a emotional trip. But, I am hoping to just have a bit of time to relax. Cross your fingers for me...Key West will be hard too. trying to sell the business is very sad. My brother was only 51 when he suddenly died. Well I should try to get some sleep. I'll keep you posted..
    Lisha

PS I am so happy for you that your done with the devil P...

Traveling with Bravery!
    Hi, Lisha,

Hope your process is going smoothly for traveling. My brother in law suggested that we go to the cabin in West VA and chill - and have husband give me neupogen shot instead of having to go to the onc center daily for it. Nice idea... but I am new to this and of course nervous - what if what if, etc. I just am done with 1st month of chemo. I wonder if the next few months would be similiar to what I am experiencing now? Or will that change? Last week was little different than the first two. Oh well..

Have a peaceful time.

Liz
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Traveling with Bravery!
    Hi, Lisha,

Hope your process is going smoothly for traveling. My brother in law suggested that we go to the cabin in West VA and chill - and have husband give me neupogen shot instead of having to go to the onc center daily for it. Nice idea... but I am new to this and of course nervous - what if what if, etc. I just am done with 1st month of chemo. I wonder if the next few months would be similiar to what I am experiencing now? Or will that change? Last week was little different than the first two. Oh well..

Have a peaceful time.

Liz

Different
    Hi Liz,
    I knowtice this week after the pred I am alot more tired than the first round. I'm sleeping good and taking it easy, but I still have this bone tired feeling. I guess we just have to check after each round.
    Love...Sue