Shart!!!

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey everybody.. As some of you may already know, I was in the hospital last week (7 days) with yet another blockage (4th blockage). They did more X-Rays, CT Scan, and a Colonoscopy. Good news is that I’m still Cancer free. Bad news is I may need another surgery in a few weeks. The problem seems to from where my ileostomy was. I have a weak area that seems to want to swell up and thus cause a blockage. I’m have some more tests in the next few weeks but in the mean time I’m happy to be home and happier not to have a NG tube.

Brooks

Comments

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Oh man.... an NG? I guess
    Oh man.... an NG? I guess you would need one, but daaaannnng!!

Glad you were busted outta there! Good to have you back!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    HollyID said:

Oh man.... an NG? I guess
    Oh man.... an NG? I guess you would need one, but daaaannnng!!

Glad you were busted outta there! Good to have you back!

welcome back
    man!
    happy to see you again!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hey Buddy:)
    Hey Buddy:)
    -c
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    NG tubes suck
    The insertion of a plastic tube (nasogastric tube, NG tube) through the nose, past the throat, and down into the stomach.

Had one in me for 3 days. That was back when they attempted liver surgery on me.
    My bowels took 4 days to wake up. I was barfing poop when I went into the hospital. My country doc said “well the crap has to get out somehow.”

I hated that damn tube. Glad your back my friend.

Kerry
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Brooks
    Sorry to hear that you were hospitalized; glad they took good care of you. I am glad you are home! Take good care!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

NG tubes are no fun
    Hi Brooks,

Glad you are home and things are going relatively good. I know all about those nasty NG tubes, they put one in me when I had my obstruction. They are an absolute nightmare. Hope things get better for you.

Don
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Good to hear
    that you are home. keep everyone posted. take care & God Bless. Margaret
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    good and bad
    Hi Brooks,

Glad to hear you're still cancer free (!!!), but sorry you had to deal with the blockage and may need another surgery. You take care of yourself & I'll be hoping and praying that you'll be okay and all will go well.

Lisa
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    hang in there
    Hang in there! I hated the ng tube and the catheter!
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    NG tube yes!
    Being of a rather contrary disposition, I feel I should put in a good word for the NG tube. I had one in for 8-9 days while recovering from an LAR for rectal cancer. It wasn't that bad. I did get a sore throat, and it was hard to brush my teeth (have to hold the tube up to one side with the non-brush hand), but when they finally pulled it out, I had no subsequent problems with my digestive tract working well (as some people do after an LAR).

--Greg
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Woohoo!!!
    I was so glad to see you posting on facebook! I'm so happy you're home!!! I'm sorry you have to go through another operation, but at least maybe it will prevent more hospitalizations in the future.

And I'm SO happy you don't have an NG tube now. HATE those things!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Home
    Ahhh, home sweet home, glad your home.
    Hoping for the best so that maybe you don't have to have surgery, but if you do, let us know. Have you in my thoughts.
    Winter Marie
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Home
    Ahhh, home sweet home, glad your home.
    Hoping for the best so that maybe you don't have to have surgery, but if you do, let us know. Have you in my thoughts.
    Winter Marie

Awesome
    Great that you are still NED!! Hugs!!
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Nana b said:

Awesome
    Great that you are still NED!! Hugs!!

Hey Brooks,
    When are they

Hey Brooks,
    When are they going to do surgery? I am scheduled for a major herni repair on 12/6. Yay for me! My leeostomy site is bulging and so is my initial incision area. Not looking forward to this at all. Just fortunate that I have time to plan for this, getting work to get me set up to work from home again, getting things ready that the last time I sis not know I would need. Aye, Aye,Aye!!!!!
    Kathy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome home - glad you are back. So sorry that you have yet another blockage. Didn't realize you were having that many problems since reversal. If they elect to do surgery, hoping that it fixes this problem. Glad you are feeling better.

Kim
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Welcome home
    and so glad the NG tube is gone.
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Lori-S said:

Welcome home
    and so glad the NG tube is gone.

Good News
    I know you are glad to be home and no ng tube i hope you feel better soon.

michelle