My Dad is now at peace

abbey712
abbey712 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My Dad passed away yesterday evening at 7.30pm. He was sleeping peacefully in bed at home with Mum and I at his side when it happened with his favourite ipod music collection playing softly in the background. While we are struggling with our loss like anyone does we can gain some relief in the fact he is free from pain. I know he'll always be the guardian angel on my shoulder.
Thanks to all for your kind words and support in recent months.
You are an outstanding group of people.
Abbey

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Abbey
    My heart is filled with sadness at your loss of your dad. I cannot imagine the pain you feel now but I wanted to let you know that my loving thoughts are with you. And you are right, your dad will be watching over you:)
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Lilmiss82 said:

Abbey
    My heart is filled with sadness at your loss of your dad. I cannot imagine the pain you feel now but I wanted to let you know that my loving thoughts are with you. And you are right, your dad will be watching over you:)

Abbey
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Know that as painful as it is right now, he is finally at peace and in pain no longer.

Kathy
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Dearest Abby
    My heart aches for you at the loss of your Dad on this physical earth, but be assured his spirit will always be watching over you and your Mum.
    Watch over your Mum and take care of yourself.
    Winter Marie
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hugs
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a great comfort knowing he was with you and your mum when he passed on. It's so hard to lose a parent (or any loved one for that matter), but you are right he will be looking over you, just as I know my mum always is.

Sonia
  • melo72
    melo72 Member Posts: 36
    Dear Abbey,
    I'm so sorry for

Dear Abbey,

I'm so sorry for your lost,he is in peace now.
    My thought and prayers is with you and your family.

Hugs
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    condolences
    Abbey,

My heart goes out to you- please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad. And, yes, he is now at peace and without pain.

Take care my dear-

Lisa
  • Sigma34
    Sigma34 Member Posts: 203
    melo72 said:

Dear Abbey,
    I'm so sorry for

Dear Abbey,

I'm so sorry for your lost,he is in peace now.
    My thought and prayers is with you and your family.

Hugs

Dear Abbey,
    I am so sorry

Dear Abbey,

I am so sorry you lost your father. I am sure you are right about him being your guardian Angel on your shoulder. I lost my father almost two years ago and I feel him near at times.

Peace and Calm,

Christine~
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lisa42 said:

condolences
    Abbey,

My heart goes out to you- please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad. And, yes, he is now at peace and without pain.

Take care my dear-

Lisa

feel so sorry Abbey.
    at least had a smooth and peaceful pass, you been great to him!
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    So sorry
    Abbey,
    I am so sorry for you loss. You and your family are in my heart and prayers. I hope that you take comfort in the fact that your dad passed peacefully and comfortably at home surrounding by those who loved him most. You've got a new guardian angel today.

hugs,
    Tashina
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    So very sorry
    Dear Abbey,

I am glad that your dad had a peaceful passing with his loved ones at his side.

I am certain that he will be there to watch over you and your mum.

While we morn the loss of a loved one we have to celebrate their life and the love we shared.

You and your mum take care and I hope that time and rememberance of your dad ease the pain of your loss.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Dear Abbey
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad your father passed peacefully with your mother by his side. Your Dad must have had a strong spirit to have picked you up at the airport so recently. I want to give you + your family my best thoughtsduring this most difficult time, + hope wonderful memories will help to carry you through.
  • damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    AnneCan said:

Dear Abbey
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad your father passed peacefully with your mother by his side. Your Dad must have had a strong spirit to have picked you up at the airport so recently. I want to give you + your family my best thoughtsduring this most difficult time, + hope wonderful memories will help to carry you through.

Abbey
    I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your mum will be in my prayers. Take care off each other and remember all the good times. Much love and blessings to you.
    Deb
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Sincerest Condelences As Well
    I'm sorry Abbey that you have lost your father - it sounded like it was peaceful at last and at home, so that is a comfort there.

My sincerest condolences on your loss and I wish you and your family some peace now as you all try and move forward.

-Craig
  • MelanieT
    MelanieT Member Posts: 186
    I am so sorry.... Take peace
    I am so sorry.... Take peace in no more pain.. god bless your family

Loves
    Mel
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    MelanieT said:

I am so sorry.... Take peace
    I am so sorry.... Take peace in no more pain.. god bless your family

Loves
    Mel

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. He is at peace. Hugs!
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    I am very sorry
    I am very sorry for your loss, I hope the fond memories of your dad will help bring you peace. Grief is such a hard journey, it takes you where it wants to take you and you have no choice but to go along. I still miss my mom every day and look forward to the day when I join her in Heaven. {{hugs}]
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So sorry to hear of your father's passing. This has been a terrible couple months for our board and all the loss we have had. May your father rest in peace.

Kim
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Abbey,
    We are so very sorry

Abbey,
    We are so very sorry for your loss. I lost my father about 9 years ago and still miss him. I do feel him around me though, like an angel. I'm sure your Dad will do the same for you.
    God bless you and your family.
    Linda and Ellie
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Abbey...
    My sincerest condolences to you and your mom.

He was very blessed to have you both care for him.

My prayers and thoughts to you and your mom.

Holly
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    HollyID said:

Abbey...
    My sincerest condolences to you and your mom.

He was very blessed to have you both care for him.

My prayers and thoughts to you and your mom.

Holly

So Sorry Abbey
    My condolences to you and your family.

Jennie